Dallas May 13th 2005 - Oct 16th 2007

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
I took in Dallas and his three brothers in June 2005. They were all so sweet. Dallas and Andy are twins, very hard to tell apart. They were always together. They both loved to climb on me for some petting and fall asleep. He was always accepting of new rats, didn't fuss for anything and just went with the flow, he had a wonderful personality.
A couple of months ago, Dallas became ill with pneumonia, he’s been on meds but nothing worked, it was soon his time. Tonight, Dallas needed to leave. He gasped and took his last breath in my hands. He was 29 months old.
I’ll miss you sweet boy.

Dallas when I first got him, 5 weeks old:

Oshawababy.jpg

smSweetagouti.jpg

The twins together:

a014.jpg

It still hasn't sunk in yet that he's gone. I'm going through too many losses lately.
I knew this was going to happen, since I have a lot of rats that are over 29 months old... I thought I was prepared to lose a hole bunch at around the same time but this is harder than I thought.
:cry:

jorats said:
It still hasn't sunk in yet that he's gone. I'm going through too many losses lately.
I knew this was going to happen, since I have a lot of rats that are over 29 months old... I thought I was prepared to lose a hole bunch at around the same time but this is harder than I thought.
:cry:

Ahh Jo, I am sorry you are going through this. It is hard, but survivable, even though at times you aren't sure of that fact at all. :( You have to think of how much you affected those lives that are leaving you now, how you changed them all for the better in your care. :heart:

I am glad you have your family there with you to support you!!

And we are all here for you too!! ((hugs))

Fare thee well sweet wonderful Dallas, you fought as long as you could to stay at Living Rat Heaven. :sad4:

jorats said:
I took in Dallas and his three brothers in June 2005. They were all so sweet. Dallas and Andy are twins, very hard to tell apart. They were always together. They both loved to climb on me for some petting and fall asleep. He was always accepting of new rats, didn't fuss for anything and just went with the flow, he had a wonderful personality.
A couple of months ago, Dallas became ill with pneumonia, he’s been on meds but nothing worked, it was soon his time. Tonight, Dallas needed to leave. He gasped and took his last breath in my hands. He was 29 months old.
I’ll miss you sweet boy.

Dallas when I first got him, 5 weeks old:

Oshawababy.jpg

smSweetagouti.jpg

The twins together:

a014.jpg

I'm so sorry Jo. :tearful:

Dallas was a marvelous and handsome little rat man.

Your little man now plays in the flowers at the Rainbow Bridge. Look for him in a raindrop. He will be the rainbow colors inside. He is there, by your side, in soul and spirit. Take comfort Jo. You are special. Your little guardian angels are everywhere you are. :love6:

Back