Crossing Fingers, Beau may be exactly what we've been looking for for Goliath

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmhmm! Poor Flux is very out of the running here, I can't wait till I get him neutered. He's been very much wanting as much attention as he can get, but I'm been a little more pre-occupied with getting Goliath and Beau together.

They all got a treat of egg this morning (I made some hard-boiled ones for myself and decided to share. Beau got the most, Goliath got a good bit and Flux got a teeny bit cause he's a little chunky, but it's unfair not to share. >.>
Once they've gotten their treats out of the way, I'm gonna do another intro between the boys and see how things go :)

And they are in the cage together. Quiet, have seen some grooming. Beau is content to hide and snuggle with Goliath. Crossing fingers here, crossing fingers.

We were gone for quite a few hours getting our DnD characters finished up for game (we're geeks) and while I didn't want to leave them alone so long, looks like they've done well. They were both in the top of the cage when we came in and Goliath is just chillin' out in his hammock. Beau ran to the bottom to hide in his little plastic hide thing, but neither has any injuries that I can tell. Though I'm pretty sure Beau put their treat (some pieces of egg, apparently it's not an uber hit with them) into the food dish.

All seems well so far

Beau is still skittish, but they are both in the cage, both seem fine, but not really much in the way of cuddling or anything. I'm content that Goliath has a buddy in there though. Still gotta work with Beau on socializing though, he doesn't seem to know that Yogi's are a good thing. xD Whereas Goliath is like 'I want it if he won't take it'

Sometimes it takes weeks before they will cuddle, so don't feel worried if they seem standoff-ish initially. They just need some time to get to know each other.

Looking good :) It's been quiet, no scuffles no nuffin.

We're pretty sure that Beau and Goliath tried to share his hammock. Goliath chewed it to "perfection" and stopped when it was perfect and comfortable to him... but now it's a giant gaping mass of holes. I'm going to hang to replace it and Goliath doesn't use the fleece one I made (the one he uses is from petco) so I may actually have to buy him a new one...

I checked in on them earlier and they were both in their big green hidy (aka a kiddy step stool hehehe) and were side to side with each other so I think it's a good thing...

It's funny because Beau stashes and apparently since the food bowl is different in Goliath's cage... instead of taking it out to stash... he takes everything out of the treat bowl and 'stashes' it in the food bowl. Which lead to broccoli and hard boiled eggs on top of their regular food. Facepalm.

Back