crappy day--sorta

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theratlady

well since im a vet tech we see a lot of puppies coming in from pets unlimited for initial exams. really sucks and i try to educate people as much as i can about them without making the clinic look bad.
well today a couple came in with a new pup and when i brought them in the room i said " so ya came from good ole petsunlimited did you" (lol more or less in a silly baby voice to the dog) the owners seem to pick up what i said and asked if that was bad or anything wrong with it and i said well sometimes their sources of puppies are less then stellar and they kept asking questions and why i felt that way so i went into more detail. i said people understand dogs and cats and can see more obivous things wrong with them then the exotics(or dont really care i guess) i told them to the point that they sometimes will kill rodents and smaller animals by taking them out back and smashing them over the head or even just toss in freezer until dead. the guy at the point said well i would do that to a rat too, i was like oh really well sir i have 18 rats at home and to me that all animals deserve the same respect no matter if mouse or horse. well anyway to make longer story short they complained to the petstore that i said they took animals and smash them over the head and froze them. the assistant manager called the clinic and when laura.................

have to go will continue later! sorry i was at work and now im home lol.

......... answered the phone the first words out of his were "i would like to know why the f___ you guys are telling people we murder animals and put them in the freezer"
she demanded to know his name and the managers name. she then put him on hold and come back to me. when i picked up the phone i asked if there was something i could help him with. he said yes that an employee here was telling people that PU kills animals and puts them in the freezer. i said oh really he said "animals" did he, what did he really mean by animals? and he finally admitted that the guy said rodents rats and stuff. so i asked then you mean to tell you dont ever? and he said no and i said well i know personally that you do smack sick rats and other small exotics or you just chuck them in the freezer to die. then he admitted to me that someone that work there did do that. i also told him that he cannot talk to other business like the way he did that it was totally unprofessional not to mention rude.

:thumbup: for educating people.

I know that vets can tell story after story after story about the dogs and cats they see purchased from Pets Unlimited that have various illnesses and horrible genetic health problems ... :sad3:

Back