craigslist ad how would you respond?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tempeltontherat13021

Help! Aggressive puppy (Fulton)
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-06-12, 7:18PM EDT

Hi! I Just brought home a new puppy about 4 days ago, she is a pitbull terrier mix and about 10 weeks old. she is vary affectionate and cute as a button but the last few days she has been displaying a little aggression towards my older puppy. they where playing great ,and still are, she is just a little rough. she is growling and biting my other dog hard enough to make her yelp. that is not really the problem though because my older one seems to be putting her in her place and no one is bleeding. my problem is that yesterday she bite my 21 month old daughter in the face over a raw hide bone. i put her in her crate to finish eating it where she would not be bothered, my daughter is fine she gave her a little scratch on her cheek and under her eye but dose not even seem to care she still plays with her. today she was wrestling with my other dog and was starting to growl and get rowdy, my 7 year old tried to break it up and she bite him on his arm, did not draw blood but left little puppy teeth marks. my older dog dose knock her around a bit, she will run across the yard and body slam her sending her rolling across the ground. i have had to crate her a few times for that because i don't want the puppy getting hurt. i was wondering if that had anything to do with this aggression, dose she think she needs to protect herself better and that she dose not no the difference between my kids and my other dog? i don't want my kids getting hurt but dont want to have to keep her crated, any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

I responded
." my problem is that yesterday she bite my 21 month old daughter in the face over a raw hide bone"
Here is a good question where were you at? and why was your 21 month old daughter near the dog when it had a raw hide bone?

" my 7 year old tried to break it up and she bite him on his arm"
again where were you? she was playing with the other dog and was over excited by the sounds of it...she is a puppy!! what happened does not deem her aggressive at all.

"my older dog dose knock her around a bit, she will run across the yard and body slam her sending her rolling across the ground. i have had to crate her a few times for that because i don't want the puppy getting hurt"
that sounds like the older dog is just showing who is boss, not trying to hurt the puppy.

i think it would be in this pups best interest to be rehomed. .

I don't know much about dogs but I certainly don't think 10 week old dogs should be biting and jumping in the face... needs some serious training.

jorats said:
I don't know much about dogs but I certainly don't think 10 week old dogs should be biting and jumping in the face... needs some serious training.

Eris is now 8 weeks old she likes to bite ankles. and likes to grab food out of your hand when you try to feed her, im training her so she takes food gently...but by the sounds of this lady she is overwhelmed. She should be supervising her children around the puppy.

edited to add;
puppies only know what they are taught. it takes time to properly train any dog

jorats said:

Yeah, this doesn't sound so much like agression... to me, it sounds like a typical puppy that doesn't know better. I remember my dads dog when it was a puppy, she would nip you and try wrestle you, and would also grab the back of your trousers at the ankle and try pull you around. She acted exactly the same when she played with her siblings who lived down the street.

If they don't get the behaviour under control now the dog is going to have serious issues and i think the worst will happen

a) 7 year olds shouldn't be intervening in dog play.

b) baby shouldn't be with puppy chewing

c) older dog is more than physically capable to tell puppy off.

d) go to a puppy kindergarten class to teach puppy good social manners

e) don't be an idiot.

Moon said:

e) don't be an idiot.

i agree with all of that lol.
and eris does the grab the back of your pant leg and try to drag me around...she ends up getting dragged around. if ignore her after a while she gets bored she's not doing it as much anymore....i consider my kids more dangerous than my puppy...lol, the way they rough house! :giggle:

Moon said:

e) don't be an idiot.

:joy:
I totally agree.

Back