Could You save a rattie this Xmas

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phyllis

:D I am cross posting this for a very lovely rattie gal!
Howdy all, just wanted to remind everyone that, if you're able to, if you have space, an empty cage and some extra time, there are ratties all over who would love a home for Christmas.

Personally I go out every year, not neccesarily looking for a rat, or even two, but every year I find someone who needs love.

If you have a pet shop near you, or even better, a rescue centre near you, please visit and see if there's someone who needs you.

I'll obviously post pics of the ratty(s) I get, last year my Christmas rat was Harriet, and she's doing really well.

Please think seriously about it, especially as Ratatouille coming out has meant that there are more rats being sold. I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few, particularly boys, who no longer have homes.

Crosspost this if you'd like to, we can spread the word and hopefully lots of unloved ratties might even have a Christmas dinner this year.

Thanks

Bev x

Aw..that is so sweet. You obviously have a big heart! I think it is a great idea you have. I didn't give it much thought either about the movie coming out and how that may affect more people buying rats. I guess it's the same idea around Easter with bunnies. Well, I hope you find a Christmas Rattie this year...yes, please post the pics! :lol:

Hehehe...I often do :) Last year's Christmas rat was wee Fayth. Sick and about to be returned to the feeder tank. The snakeowner was trying to tempt her snakes appetite, tossed her in and left. Later on she came back and decided she couldn't do it, so intro'd her to her own pet rats where she lived for a few weeks until family turmoil was making her take Fayth back to the feeder store. :(

Fayth is a happy beautiful black berk who lives with my younger crew.

Faythchristmas.jpg

Even though I don't celebrate christmas, I just rescued my "christmas" ratties from someone who didn't want them anymore <3

They are 2 adult females...one blueish dumbo and one pearl merl rex

I haven't named them yet but will deffinatly post pictures once they are settled in :)

What a lovely idea to rescue animals at Christmas! :D It is so much in the spirit of Christmas, so much more fun than being in the crowded malls.

We can have a Christmas ratty photo thread during the holidays, with pictures of all the sweeties who got a forever home.

Oh, well, I've done my duty (by accident) for this Christmas. The SPCA will probably never be able to fulfil their promise to take my nine foster girls, the whole Maritimes is overrun with rescue rats, so I might have to get used to the idea that my rat population has almost doubled... I was supposed to be lowering my numbers. :roll:

[Would anyone take me and the 20 girls in if my husband threatens divorce??? :wink: ]

Back