Completed! Successful intro! (Tons of pictures!)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hprats

So, I've done 3 intro sessions with by older boys, Peter (black berk) and Albus (PEW), and my younger boys, Harry (boy with the blaze) and James/Remus/Percy (boy with the teeny headspot). The first was an hour the tub together, everything was fine but very little interaction, the second was about two hours in the tub with a bit more interaction and I added some more stuff for them to touch/do, like fleece scraps and boxes, the third was under an hour in the tub and then over an hour on a couch (not the one I used for the babies' out time). I took some pictures at the third one.

I haven't seen anything that worries me, the only thing is Peter still isn't quite himself. He has a sore leg (back left)...he's walking on it now, and even felt well enough to jump out of the tub a few times (the only one that did!), but he's definitely more happy staying in one place than he usually is, and he tended to curl up in the corner a lot during the intros.

What I'm wondering is if longer intro sessions really help. Like pushing it to several hours instead of just stopping at one.

IMG_1631.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1640.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

IMG_1650.JPG

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1665.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

There wasn't a lot of grooming, but they all groomed each other at least once. The babies are still a little afraid of the big boys though, especially James/Remus/Percy (James currently, but I called him Percy and then Remus before...I can't decide what suits him the most!).

I love the second to the last picture. The one with the 3 rat butts trying to find an escape route lol

I salute you on successful intros so far! Hope it keeps going well!

They are going crazy well! After my last 3 attempts at intros were terrible and I had to give up, it is nice to have one going so well!

Right now they're all cuddled cuddled up in a hut on the table.

Here is Peter and James (you can just barely see James in the background there):
IMG_1686.JPG

Albus joined in then:
IMG_1687.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

I thought they needed a change of location, so I moved them to the table while my boyfriend and I played scrabble. They started hiding in the blanket:
IMG_1716.JPG

This may be my favourite picture ever, I'm going to make it my avatar now!
IMG_1720.JPG

Peter's always so photogenic though:
IMG_1721.JPG

I think I'm going to put them all in the cage together tomorrow after my weekly cage cleaning.

^Hehehe, thanks! Now he just need a second :mrgreen: I made everyone at my job look at that picture, I can't stand how cute it is!

Well, they're all together in the cage now. Everyone seems pretty happy about it! :dance:

Yay! They are all settling in together. Here are some pictures of them in the cage (hard to get good pictures, they always move when I get near!)

IMG_1750.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

It looks like Peter's drinking water, but he's actually licking Harry. :)
IMG_1754.JPG

Oh, Albus.
IMG_1755.JPG

Wow thats truely the best way an intro should go! I hope to be just as lucky if I have to intro again someday :p

Thanks to everyone! Harry (the blazed boy) is just too cute, I agree, hehe.

EDK said:
Wow thats truely the best way an intro should go! I hope to be just as lucky if I have to intro again someday :p
Yes! Though I am glad I got my neuters out of the way before your boy Dax went in...that story would have terrified me if I'd read it before the fact. :sad3:

Back