Combining two single CNs into a vertical double

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OceanEyes117

When I got my CN, there was a bit of mostly minor, fixable shipping damage, but enough that I had them send a replacement. After spending that much money, I wasn't going to fix my brand new cage! New one came, with a touch of damage as well, but different parts, thankfully, so I was able to combine and conquer. Midwest does not pack these as safely as they could!

A few weeks later and I have heard nothing about returning the first one, so it seems that I might have two singles! :dance: I have room to connect them vertically, except for the minor detail that as both are singles they both have full floor bars and pans. I have found replacement second level pans online, but can't seem to find the floor piece. Any suggestions on where I could get one? I guess the other option would be to just get another shelf and take out the full bottom of the top unit, but I'd really love to have another full horizontal space. Suggestions?

If you are absolutely sure that you will be keeping both, you could cut the wires to make a hole in one of the floors,
using the top pan as a template for the position and size of the hole.
You can use plastic linners around the edges of the hole you cut to give a smooth, safe edge for the rats.

Back