Cleaning up the older girls

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cityratt

I noticed yesterday that S had a wet tummy...It honestly just looks like shes not cleaning her belly properly....
She has good hind end movement and I still see her grooming herself through the day however her tummy was, what I can only assume, urine soaked.

I have her a quick warm bum-bath and cleaned her up

And I took a damp cloth and cleaned her this morning (she wasn't THAT wet but still I could see urine staining)....

Should I be more concerned? Would you guys recommed cleaning her twice daily with a damp cloth or?

Sorry to keep bothering you guys I just want to make sure im doing everything i can...

I clean Pascal once a day... if she's ok with it, you can do it more often if you want.
I've also noticed sometimes with my rats, one or two days they will be wet and then they are back to normal. I think maybe they might be having an off day.

Hey... don't apologize for your questions, that's why we are all here!!! :D

My Vroobert, who is a giant of a rat, is an old man now and needs help cleaning. He also has a large tumor under a front leg that cannot be removed because of his bad heart. It makes grooming difficult, so I take a warm wash cloth and give him a wipe down a couple of times day. My precious man will proceed to groom me in the process :heart: . I also clean his ears everyday for him. We have called him tater ears since he was a baby, had some awful dumbo ears, hence the nickname.

Most rats appreciate a little bathing help :nod:

Back