Cleaning tail question

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riana

I has a question!

My boys' tails are really gross. I have tried to keep them clean by wiping them down with warm water and a facecloth, and also with the ferret shampoo I use to bath them in. Neither worked extremely well.

I had the idea of using a mild dish detergent, but I wanted to ask for opinions before I do so. I figured that would work better since it is designed to fight grime, grease, dirt, etc. Would it be safe to use on my boys? I have a small problem with buck grease on them, too, so I didn't know if it would be alright to use just along their backs as well. Opinions, please!

Never done it but there is some info. in Debbie D.'s health care book on washing tails.
Doesn't mention detergent just soap, but does talk about soaking and using a toothbrush.

A small bit of vinegar in warm water works really well.....gets the tails nice and clean......I just spray it on the shelf and let them walk around through it.....then wipe of the shelf and the rattie...heheheh

Back