Chicken wieners

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jennw

My vet has a couple little containers of treats, and while Midgey was there this morning she was snooping around, and went from treat jar to treat jar. She passed them all up except for these little hard round 'cookie' bite things. After running back into her crate and chowing down, we got the recipe from the vet. It's chicken wieners, microwaved until they are puffy and crunchy. Are they ok for rats??

I can post the ingredients of the wieners if anyone wants. I'm just wondering if they'd be ok for a once a week treat or something.

If you post the ingredients, then we could tell you whether or not it would be an okay treat.

chicken, wheat flour, water, modified corn, starch, chicken fat, salt, spices, dextrose, onion powder, garlic powder, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrate, smoke.

The size of the treat is not much bigger around than a dime, maybe 1/5 of an inch thick.

there would be a LOT of protein in them, I would say 50% because it's got an animal product in them. Also chicken fat. My personal choice would be no, but that's me.

for 1 wiener (which could probably be cut into 20 pieces)

it's 90 calories
7 g fat (11%)
30 mg cholesterol
380 mg sodium (16%)
2 g carb (1%)
4 g protien

plus calcium and iron (4% each)

Wieners are one of the worst processed foods. The fact that's it chicken, it's a bit better, but I would keep it as a very occasional treat.

heh, I just made them.

What a STINK. I'll give one or two to the cats, probably, but that's it. My dog is on a strict diet, and I won't give any to the rats. I think I just wasted $1.49 on them. The stink alone makes me want to throw them all out.

Yes, in fact, I now have a headache and feel a little queasy.

Edited to remove a reference to something no one needed to see anyway.

Back