Chew Toy Suggestions

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spookie.cookie

hey everyone:

i need some chew toy suggestions (diy or store bought). my rat, spookie, has given birth and now she is super active lol. she loves to chew and i don't want her to chew on stuff. i got her this colored wooden block as chew toys, but she doesn't seem to be interested in them. i thought they were supposed to be fruit flavored! i also got her calcium block for her to chew... still not interested. she seems to be more interested in chewing dried pasta, plastic, my piercings (hahahahah) and my stuff lol.

any suggestions would be good! pictures or weblinks would be useful!!!

i think she is wanting to play more since she is not pregnant anymore :hugs:

just out of curiousity, any ideas how rats choose what to chew on?

p/s rat grooming your hair feels nice lol

My girls love to chew on their little log cave. It kinda looks like a bunch of sticks held together with wires that you can shape.

Like this picture, but not multi coloured...natural wood with bark.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... Id=2753325

I got it at Zellers for like 3 bucks. They seem to like it best a little damp, so I give it a quick rinse daily (plus it rinses off the pee).

You can also use twigs from outside, just make sure you freeze them for about a week to kill any mites.

at walmart you can get the wooden letters, or nubers that you buy from the craft section, children are supposed to paint them I think?
I use them, they're about a $1-$1.50 ish, hang 'em off of baby links in the cage to keep them from getting peed on.

I buy a TON of these, they get chewed up pretty quick around here, and I buy 2-3 per cage.

They love paper too, scrunch some up in a ball, they'll drag it around. Or hand some up. Any type of boxes like tissue boxes and such...paper toilet rolls too.

Yes, all of those are great idea. Mine love a toilet roll with cheerios inside. They open it to get the cheerios, then they chew the roll to bits. Tissue boxes are always a hit. They sleep in them, chew them, pee in them. Keeps them entertained for at least a day!

i have recently started buying dog rope toys from the £1 store. There is some where there is a rope knot on the end. I also bought a pack of 'chew sticks' in my local pet store. They are parts of fruit tree branches

Back