Cheap/homemade toy ideas to keep ratties busy?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratluv

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'll give it a try.

I'm a full-time student and hold a job, all of which starts tomorrow. Rest assured, the ratties still will get more than an hour of playtime out of the cage every day, but I was wondering if anyone had some ideas of extra toys I could put in their cage to occupy them until I get home. At the moment, they have a hanging kritter kabob, a small little burlap sack that they enjoy hiding in. A hammock, and "Mr. Gray" a small rat stuffed animal that they snuggle with. They also get paper towel tubes every once in a while, but those get destroyed quick. Does anyone have any ideas on cheap fun toys that would keep them occupied?

Mine think old socks with holes in them and toilet roll tubes are great. They don't play with them all the time, but a couple of times a week I'll come home to find they've constructed a magnificent fort.

If you go have a dollar store near you, you can find all sorts of fun things for he rats like ping pong balls, baskets, boxes, foam toys...

Back