Changing their diet... will it help them loose weight?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siwain

Two of my rats are getting overweight. And i'm not sure how i'm going to make them loose weight. But i'm switching them over to Harlan Teklad 2014 and so i'm wondering if it would help them loose weight?

And how much should i feed them daily? If i let them, the two will spend the whole day eating, almost non stop!

Switching them to the 2014 is a good first step in losing weight but you don't want them to lose weight too fast. I would free feed them the HT at first and then you can cut back to 3 blocks each a day, along with fresh veggies...

Looks like i won't be feeding them Harlan after all! I found out that i could order it from Spain; and 12 kg would cost around 28 american dollars. (21 euros). BUT... with shipping cost, i would have to pay 60 euros! 80 american dollars!! :wallbang: Funny thing is, my ferret nation was also ordered from Spain and i paid no more than 5 euros in shipping cost! So i asked them if it's possible to ship it in another way, or using another transport company, but they say no. :doh:

What if you look into oxbow? You can probably find that online with cheaper shipping. I found my rats weren't as crazy about it as they were the harlan. Then just feed the fruits and veggies too.

Back