Caleb Benjamin: September 2004 - October 11, 2006

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SQ

Senior Member - Vegan for the animals
My little Caleb died early Wednesday morning. He had been struggling with a heart condition and related respiratory problems since mid Feb. 2006. I returned home from an appointment late Tuesday night to find Caleb very weak, unable to move much or eat. I held him in my arms, petted him, and talked to him. Godmother came over and said goodbye to him. I took him in to the vet on call and had him pts because he was unable to take his meds and as a consequence would soon have difficulty breathing. My mother got out of bed, picked Caleb and I up, and drove us to the vets. I held Caleb in my arms as he became unconscious, stopped breathing and his heart stopped beating.

Caleb is deeply missed by all of us. Cindy, Jordan, and Hannah searched for him for days even tho they had all seen him after he had died. Cindy is still depressed. It hurts so much ... my life, and the rattie cage seem so empty without Caleb.

October 25, 2004 Caleb, Jordan, and Cindy are going home with me!!
comminghomeOct252004.jpg

Caleb under the Christmas tree Dec. 2004
Calebunderchristmastree2004.jpg

Feb 2005
2005Calebgrabscorn.jpg

Summer 2005 Cindy, Caleb and Jordan have a picnic
Picnic.jpg

Fall 2005
Fall2005Caleb.jpg

2005 Caleb and friends with my young nephew
2005MyyoungnephewwithCalebandfriend.jpg

Jan 2006
10rattiesJan2006.jpg

Feb. 2006, Caleb loves his godmother
CalebadoreshisgodmotherFeb2006.jpg

Feb 2006
Feb2005.jpg

Happy 2nd birthday Caleb, Cindy, & Jordan !! Sept 25, 2006
HappyBirthdaySept2006.jpg

Caleb, Nettie, and Hannah are in heaven with God and Jesus ...

......................................................................................

[youtube:3sccy3e1]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yYHT-TF4KO4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yYHT-TF4KO4&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:3sccy3e1]

I remember sweet Caleb and how much you worked hard at making him better, making him more comfortable, giving him all the chances any rat deserves.

I remember Caleb's pic of the strikingly handsome fawn boy with your group of 10. Could you post that again? It was such a wonderful pic. And maybe the Running of the Chicken Bones? LOLOLOL

Happy thoughts for such a wonderful rat and his friends.

Caleb was a wonderful ratty boy. I have a couple of great photos of him at home, so I will post them when I get a chance.

SQ, you worked so hard to get him the right diagnosis and treatment. Because of your hard work, many of our later ratties have benefitted.

So, dear Caleb, I hope that your afterlife in ratty heaven is particularly joyful.

Back