Cage agression?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smexrat

my boy pinky is the sweetest thing once you get him out of the cage but if i reach in to pet him or anyone he bites me same with my boyfreind what can i do for this ? or is there nothing to do about it

You could get him neutered, or socialize him more or don't put your hand in the cage, get him out first before going in.
There are lots of good advice where some people were able to totally curb that behaviour without a neuter.

i take him out everyday but sometimes after take them out or before i do i reach in there and pet them like if i have to go somewhere or something i pet them before i leave and thats usually when i get bit

For now, don't do that anymore. For some reason it stresses him out. When you have time do some extra socializing with your hands, carry him around with your hands, lots of cuddling and just keeping your hands on him when out of the cage, eventually he might understand that hands are not bad. Also, when you want to go in an pet him, have a treat first, a cheerio. Hand him the treat and pet.

Back