Brie (24 months) and Kyrie March 13/06 to January 30/08

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Kyrie was a silly wee fawn 4.5 week old girl that was rat-trained to me from New Brunswick/Godmother/SQ. I picked her out along with her sweet sister Kamali. :)
KamaliandKyriejusthome.jpg

Brie was from Hamilton Animal Control and I adopted this wee girl since she was all alone. Imagine our shock when we get there and find these 2 huuuge lumps evenly on either side of her throat…one of the main symptoms of SDA! After discussion and rousing my vet from her dinner, Brie was dropped off at a non-rat owning home for the night and the rest of us went home 4 hours later, changed our clothes at the door and had a shower before going near our own rats.
Brie went to the vet who put her on chlorpalm just in case it was bacterial, but our choices were bacterial, lyphoma or SDA. I researched a lot on SDA those days. :roll:
She then went home to AliceMcMallis’s parents who fostered her, medicated her and took care of her for 2 weeks. The lumps had not diminished, we had ruled out SDA so it left Lymphoma. We decided to get a biopsy done and then I would take home my girl for as long as she had left. :( At this point I had only held her in the car during those scary few hours after we picked her up. To my vet’s surprise she found pus and lanced the 2 abscesses. :mrgreen: So Brie came home with me that day :D
She was a very special happy little gal, who really loved other rats, and took to the intro’s of the THS girls I had adopted to be companions to her.

I introduced these 2 new babies to Brie, Vesta and Valora, who were a few months older.
Brie, Kyrie, Kamali and Vesta
BrieKKVesta.jpg

Then to Dilbert of course
Brie makes sure the little bratty boy knows his place!
BDplaying7.jpg

My Maritimers grew big really really fast, they all seem to take after big daddy Byron.

Then I intro’d Brie’s Crew to the Hamilton crew to create the Original Rampaging Horde. :lol:
The big fawn butt on the bottom is Kyrie and Brie is at the top.
all11mowingagain.jpg

Kyrie loved comfort
Kyriehammie3.jpg

So did Brie but she preferred bouncing and stashing to hammock lounging
Brieinhammie.jpg

Ooops…sorry, I was wrong :roll:
BrieadnAdiaIIMay12.jpg

Dilly and Kyrie book-ending poor sweet sick Kamali before she passed in December 2007.
DilbertKamaliandKyrie.jpg

One of my favourite pics of Brie :D She was incredible, always "smiling" no matter what!
Mommmmwhatisthis.jpg

OK I cannot do anymore, I can barely see the screen through the tears :cry:
I should’ve been more prepared, but I didn’t realize my wonderful rats were getting older.

I love you always my babies!!! :heart: :heart:

Shelagh I am so sorry. I myself was quite taken with Brie. She was beautiful. So was sweet Kyrie. I am so sorry for your loss.

Shelagh, you're not alone writing through tears! It's so hard to think of you losing both of them on the same day.

I just watched the Party from the Rainbow Bridge a couple more times to help cope. And now I will go upstairs and snuggle Melissa and Kyrie's other sisters.

They do get old so fast. :cry:

:sad-p: I never knew them but now I feel like I did. Thank you for sharing their stories with us. :redbud:

I am so very sorry Shelagh :cry:
Those dear little girls were very much loved and had a wonderful life with you.
Brie :heart: and Kyrie :heart: touched a lot of lives.
and you are not alone in your grief ...

(((HUGS)))

Holly and David (Kyrie's half brother)

This is so sad... I was there when both those fawn dolls were hand picked by mommy and I met sweet Brie a couple of times.
They were both so sweet and happy little girls... off playing in that party at the bridge.

Oh no.... Aw such sweet girls... that's so sad, I've grown to know them through your posts and it's so sad that they had to go... And 2 together....

:sad4: Hugs to you shelagh, and reassuring scritches to Dilly boy too xxx

I am very sorry Shelagh.....the pictures where beautiful......I have tears running down my cheeks ..I feel so bad for you.....we all no how badly it feels to lose them. They are all so precious to us each in their own way.

Shelagh,
Those are wonderful pictures of your girls. It is amazing how you can pick out two rats with certain personalities and put them together to be best of friends. They are so lucky to come to your house and get all the love and attention that they need to get better if they are to get better.
Rest in Peace Kyrie and Brie and run free at the bridge.

Ann

Oh, Shelagh, this is so incredibly sad. :cry: I'm so, so sorry for your losses. Take comfort to know that they were so happy and so loved in your care. :rose2:

I'm so very sorry for your loss...it's so very sad but they had a wonderful life with you. They were such sweet looking ladies. :redbud:

All the best,

Linda

p.s. I have their dad, Byron.

What an especially sad day for you.. I'm sorry that your little ladies have moved on to being just sweet & precious memories for you. The good times together could never last long enough but they should last longer :cry:
What a beautiful capture of Brie's little essence that last picture is.

Back