boys are going in for a snip a roo!!!!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henry's_mum

Henry's going in on Friday, and Brill's going in the following week!
:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:
HOPEFULLY, i'll have 2 VERY loving, cuddly boys in a few weeks!
*crossing fingers*

Any pre/post snip a roo advice?

:giggle:

:joy: That's the first step to happy boys!
Nothing for pre-snip but post-snip, not much either, keep them warm, eating... I give mine soymilk after surgery and mine don't get pain meds but some here like to give their boys pain meds after the neuter.

I always get medicam to give my rats after a neuter.
The post opp pain meds are good for 24 hours, then I give the above pain meds once a day for about 5 days.
The first two boys I ever had neutered were in unbelievable pain the day after their neuter as the vet did not give me pain meds to give them. Since then I always make sure I ask the vet for medicam.

thanks guys, Henry's going to Lindy's vet on Friday, and he gives a shot good for 24 hrs. But I will be getting matacam as well.
Brillo's going to vet I found just an hour or so from here, who is supposed to be AWESOME, and just as cheap as Lindy's vet :joy: He also gives a shot good for 24 hrs, but also gives matacam to all surgery patients...
So, i'm pretty excited to hear how they treat the techs and vets... They can be PRETTY BRUTAL, epecially Brill, when it comes to new peeps... He doesn't like Cole, or anyone else, just me, and i've already warned them :giggle: Even liking me, he bites me almost daily :doh:
So lets keep the fingers, and paws craossed that Brill's nueter with his approx. age works!
I've no doubt about Henry's working as he's only 7 mos old or so... BUT Henry's HUGE! He's bigger than Brill now, so i'll also be intrested to hear his weight on Friday! :cheeky:

Back