Boo Situation (updated)(updated)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexandraBoo

I went down to see boo and see how he was doing today, i took him out, and he squeeled and squeeked, so i checked him over and it seems to be his front left leg, of his ribbs on the left! I have no idea what to do, and i definatly do not have money to go see a vet right now ! I have Dont know what it is? maybe he just hit it? or its bruised? he wont talk on it! he would hobble on three legs:?:( Any ideas what it is? and what i should do, ill keep you posted.

Soo I called the vet, and she told me it would be best to hold out until Monday. I moved his cage (huge) right into my room. And i have been watching him like a hawk. He seems to be a little better on his leg, he is using it a little but i cant straighten it out without hims screaming his furr off.
So, Over the weekend i am going to steam him (not literally) Again, and see if it helps. IF not, We will be on our way monday morning to see the vet. Yay! I am going to have to trade in my christmas presents, to go see the vet. but i have to do what i have to do. He is my baby.

Well, He seems 100% better! He is using his leg, and he sounds clear when i listen! i think the steam cleared him out. :)

Ok, so should i keep him in my room for the time being? To keep a eye on him, he also has been having red mucas comming out of his nose, and when i listen real close to his breathing, he sounds like he is quietly very ever so lightly whisling:?:(

its not really a wheezing, its more a breathing noise, and he isnt really sneezing much. He has been like this for a few weeks, and he hasnt gotten worse, if he had got worse i would have seen a vet already. I am keeping a close eye on him for the time being.

You really should keep him near you if you can, maybe you'll get a better idea what's going on with him and be able to watch his progression better, and be able to keep an eye on his appetite.
Poor little fella, I hope he's feeling better soon. One of my girls avoided walking on one foot too, it looked and felt fine and she was good as new in a few days, I hope that's all it is for Boo.

Back