Blood specks?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arresai

I just got a new sweetie-pie, Dobby, who was stuck in with 2 other males who were quite a bit larger than him. He has what looks like what maybe little bite marks on him. I want too make sure he's okay and not infected with mites but I don't know what a case of mites looks like. Does anyone here have pics? Thanks
Oh, and he's in qt.

If he's got tiny pin pricks on him, his face, shoulders... you can bet it's mites. It's always good to do a treatment anyways. :thumbup:

Yep, I'd say the very beginning of an outbreak. It could also be the remainders of a heavy barber or hard groomer but nonetheless, I'd still go with a treatment.

btw...what a cutie!

Most people prefer one over the other for whatever reason.

I like Revolution since it's pretty much foolproof. Ivermectin needs multiple dosings and I've heard some people not having it work at all, even with proper dosings and cleaning regimen.

But, some people use ivermectin almost exclusively and are very happy with it.

If you have other rats, you will need to treat them all with revolution.
The amount is based on the weight of the rat and one tube will treat a lot of rats.

btw mites are too small for us to see and skin scraping done by vets may give false results. When the symptoms look like mites, it is best to just treat them for mites with revolution.
Ivermectin does not always work with mites as many fur mites are resistent to it.

Back