Blizzard!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godmother

How many o you have been affected by it? Here in NB, even though we aren't getting a lot of snow, the wind is really whipping the snow around. Visibility is poor, and many activities have been cancelled. We are going to hunker down at home for the day and hope that we do t have a power failure.

We got snow here in NS although other places around here seemed to get more than us, but we got a few snow drifts so maybe that has something to do with it.....still snowing though

we're buried here in southern NH, the snow is covering about 1/4 of my windows (I'm on the ground floor) and the drifts are making cars and trucks disappear into these odd shaped snow creatures.......

luckily it's light fluffy snow so not too many power outages.
wish the wind would die down, this apt is very poorly insulated- when the wind blows I feel it inside :lol:

Haven't turned on the news since last night so I don't know how the rest of the area is doing.

that wind is brutal though. Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

hope those affected are all staying warm and safe inside

We got quite a bit of snow here as well (London ON), not as bad as two years ago though. Schools did close but everyhting else wa sup and running, even the public buses. Ii think we got about 1-1 1/2 feet of snow.

We have LOTS of snow....not to bad here really. Sunny..some wind but not terrible. Cold but not bitter. All in all a great day here.....

Some people at work were nice enough to help dig my car out so i could go home (and another) since my car is small and it was burried. i couldn't believe when i got home, i couldn't pull into the driveway. then there was a huge snow drift at the front door, knee high. and of course my sis and her boyfriend sitting on the couch still wearing pjs. i asked them why they didn't shovel and they said because "we have a snow blower" which of course they didn't use either. how nice of them to let the people that have been working all day to come home and do the shoveling. the dogs really like it though and i would have loved to stay home just to play outside with them. i think if it had happened over the weekend i wouldn't have minded it that much.

Snow day yesterday in Hamilton!!! It made me so happy. I love snow!
I live on the 25th floor and could not see the ground until later in the afternoon. It was GREAT.

Talked to the superintendent of my building this morning though. He looked VERY worn out. He spent 8 hours yesterday and 6 hours this morning clearing snow. I may have loved it, but if I had to shovel, I would likely have a very different opinion... ok, MAYBE... I REALLY love snow. I probably would have helped him yesterday had I known he was doing it all by himself!

The city is a mess, snow banks are so high that they are falling over. They definitely were not prepared, however, the buses were still running despite road closures and access ramp closures. All in all, since I didn't have to go outside and could look out the window into a blanket of white with a rattie on my shoulder and a tea in my hand... it was a good day :D

Yeah, it's not bad in NS yet, I think because the wind has not been as bad as forecast. The power hasn't gone out yet, and I'm hoping if it does, it's not until after my laundry is done! LOL
Here's our snow story:
My hubby was supposed to fly out of Halifax at 6 am this morning, to fly to Toronto and then to Florida. At the last minute yesterday they decided to try and get a flight out last night. They had to get new tickets, and waited, praying that the flight wouldn't be cancelled. It left, 3 hours late. BUT, they landed in Montreal at 11:30 pm last night and the second leg on to Toronto was cancelled. They then rented a car and DROVE in the snow storm from Montreal to Toronto. They got there this morning, and got their connecting flight to Florida, exhausted and very cranky. Once they get to Florida, they have another 5 hour drive ahead of them.
Did I say how glad I am that I am not with them? :cloud9:

Joanne said:
Yeah, it's not bad in NS yet, I think because the wind has not been as bad as forecast. The power hasn't gone out yet, and I'm hoping if it does, it's not until after my laundry is done! LOL
Here's our snow story:
My hubby was supposed to fly out of Halifax at 6 am this morning, to fly to Toronto and then to Florida. At the last minute yesterday they decided to try and get a flight out last night. They had to get new tickets, and waited, praying that the flight wouldn't be cancelled. It left, 3 hours late. BUT, they landed in Montreal at 11:30 pm last night and the second leg on to Toronto was cancelled. They then rented a car and DROVE in the snow storm from Montreal to Toronto. They got there this morning, and got their connecting flight to Florida, exhausted and very cranky. Once they get to Florida, they have another 5 hour drive ahead of them.
Did I say how glad I am that I am not with them? :cloud9:

They DROVE in that???
EIEW!
I would be cursing the snow if I had to drive!
Glad they were able to make it to Toronto ok.

i here in toronto we have about two feet of snow but no wind anymore, not since friday, so its fun because i got a snow day (any day not in middle school is the best day) and can go sledding!

Latest posts

Back