Best Place to Buy Critter Nation

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kriix

Not sure if this is where this should be posted, but like the title says I am looking for the best (and cheapest) place to buy a critter nation cage.

I bought a ferret nation, but my girls are far too tiny and are able to squeeze through the bars so now I need to sell this off and buy a critter nation. I know i could just mesh it in, but I am also moving to the States in a couple months, so if would be easier to buy once I get there.

In stores or shipped is fine.

Thank you all in advance for the information!

The BEST place in Ontario is Flower Town Chinchillas, it's an online store. They have a price that can't be beat anywhere around here. They're located in Brampton, so if you could pick it up you'd save on shipping costs.

Right now is the lowest I've ever seen it, at only $275 for a double CN. http://www.chinchilla.ca/items.php?Prod ... urce=acces

CCH has bought all our CNs through them, and Karen and Dave, the owners, are great to work with.

Edit: Blah, learn to read, Chelle. I saw you want to buy it when you're in the States? What about Walmart, I've heard they carry the CNs online and it can be shipped (maybe even for free?) to any Walmart in the States.

xxchelle said:
The BEST place in Ontario is Flower Town Chinchillas, it's an online store. They have a price that can't be beat anywhere around here. They're located in Brampton, so if you could pick it up you'd save on shipping costs.

Right now is the lowest I've ever seen it, at only $275 for a double CN. http://www.chinchilla.ca/items.php?Prod ... urce=acces

CCH has bought all our CNs through them, and Karen and Dave, the owners, are great to work with.

Edit: Blah, learn to read, Chelle. I saw you want to buy it when you're in the States? What about Walmart, I've heard they carry the CNs online and it can be shipped (maybe even for free?) to any Walmart in the States.

IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN THAT BEFORE I BOUGHT MINE I COULD HAVE GOT A DISCOUNT

*I paid almost 250 for mine and it's a single*

Honestly, if you have the extra little bit, go for the CN (esp. given that you're moving to the States where it is cheaper) - they are much sturdier than the two cages you linked and will have a better resale value if you no longer need it.

upon looking at walmart, they have a double CN for 229$ with free shipping

*I should have bought that one dangit*

Just seen this website recommended on another site. Price seems to be the same everywhere - at least for the single $149.99. And shipping is free any where in Canada and U.S. :)

Nevermind, found it on the petsmart website for $145.99, and only $5.99. Probably best to go through them since it's a company I actually know, instead of something random off the internet.

Lol and sorry for all the posts!

Kriix said:
Just seen this website recommended on another site. Price seems to be the same everywhere - at least for the single $149.99. And shipping is free any where in Canada and U.S. :)

I would double check... free shipping is usually not available in Canada and the Petsmart shipping fee is for the States only.

I will be in the states when I order, just to make it easier. No sense in buying it before hand and having to try to cross the border with it in a tiny car lol.

MMak said:
ForHappyDogs.com has the DOUBLE unit critter nation for only $165.39
http://www.forhappydogs.com/p-148-critt ... t-162.aspx
or the single unit for $106.89

Shipping is $60 to me, though. Gotta watch out for that. We got ours for 235 with free shipping through petstreetmall.com, but I've heard some people say that they're pretty bad about damaged merch.

Don't get the Marshall mini mansion though, we had the big one and they are a PAIN! I'm pretty sure its PVC instead of powder coat, and the door is bad to clean through, and the bars are widely spaced and vertical, and there aren't a lot of options for hanging hammocks and stuff, and they rust. Nuff said.

MomRat said:
Don't get the Marshall mini mansion though, we had the big one and they are a PAIN! I'm pretty sure its PVC instead of powder coat, and the door is bad to clean through, and the bars are widely spaced and vertical, and there aren't a lot of options for hanging hammocks and stuff, and they rust. Nuff said.

Not to mention they're a huge ferret mill...

Back