Ben's Retirement Home

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsay

I thought I would take a minute to show off Ben's new retirement home. Right now he's chowing down on some grub, but just a few minutes ago he was happily bruxing his little eyeballs out. He seems really happy in his new home. :) BTW, the cage is HUGE in real life. The dimension are: 41.5" long, 21.5" wide, 21" high

PS: If any of you have any guesses on what kind of cage this is, please let me know! It's all metal and coated like the ferret nation... but I can't find it online. There's no labels on it at all.

benscage001.jpg

benscage002.jpg

benscage003.jpg

I would put money on it being a Rabbit cage..

AHA!!! I think I've found it! It should be a Luna Cage from Marchioro! I believe it would be the 102 model. Although the Luna cages I'm looking at now are all in colors.. hrmm.. It's remarkably similar if it isn't one.

I will argue and say that I don't believe it's a Marchioro.

1. Ads for the Luna say it's lightweight. This cage is VERY heavy as it is all metal.
2. The pans on the Marchioro are shaped differently, whereas this one is very rectangular and just slides in.
3. Marchioro cages have a support piece underneath the pan. Mine does not.
4. They also come with grates over the pans. Mine does not have one.
5. Marchioro cages also come with plastic levels whereas mine came with 1 small metal one (that I didn't use)

Like I said... I haven't been able to find anything that looks like mine...

It did come with just one, but it was only about 6 inches wide :S Instead I took 2 of the blue panels and zip tied them together with a piece of coroplast on top of it to make it solid. Then just zipped it to the cage and covered with the blue flowered blanket. Works perfect and is about the same size as one of the FN levels.

I seen a cage at Petsmart, it's in a box, there's a picture but no colour. I wonder if this might be the same one. I'll try and get the name next time I'm in there.

raindrop said:
That cage is a living world cage for rabbits. Our daughter has the exact one.

Ann

That's so weird. I wonder if it's a cage that they are no longer making cuz any Living World cages that I have seen are plastic pans with wire tops.

I ahve seen it at PJ pets before I believe it is living world cage. It is a 'rabbit' cage. ;)

Your man muts be VERY happy in that!!!

Back