Baytril on bread?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Wolf

Is it OK to put Baytril on bread so a picky rattie will take his meds?
Also, I don't have to refrigerate it, right? I got the Baytril mailed to me from the rescue I adopted Bubba and Neyo from.

As long as you make sure he eats the whole piece of bread the meds are on. Baytril has to be kept in a cool, dry place, not refrigerated. Good luck with your little sweetie.

It is ok to put it on a small piece of bread.
Is it oral flavoured baytril?
If so, it should taste ok.

Mine get injectable baytril given orally so have to do several things to it to make it taste ok.
Injectable baytril is not put into the fridge.
Not sure about oral baytril.

Well considering he HATES it I'm going to guess it's the injectable kind. He will take a bit then rub his mouth all over the hammock and refuse to take anymore. :(

Surprisingly, when I put it on whole wheat bread, he eats it all.

Good that he will take it on bread.

I mix mine with a drop or two of olive oil, a drop or two of strawberry quick and add a bit of baby cereal to thicken it .... then my ratties will take it. You can try that if he ever gets tired of the bread.

We have our baytril compounded into lots of yummy flavors, so we do have to keep it refrigerated. We mix our meds in a dab of cool whip and that's always a hit. But if you can get your rattie to take it on bread..GO FOR IT! :lol2:

Back