Batman!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rat.charmer

Intro's are going....uh... well?

Batman doesn't do anything during the intro's other than freeze up. He lets all the other rats sniff him and climb all over him but he never returns the sniffs nor does he seem interested in them. If it gets overwhelming, he comes over to me and sulks and hides. I've never met such a rat so indifferent to other rats before. Even the girls who were ear wiggling and chasing him didn't get a response out of him. It's almost like other rats baffle him.

At least they're not fighting. He's starting to come to the bars of the cage when I make kissy noises though he still nips hard through the bars. He has a habit of gnawing on my hubby's skin - it's not a bite, but he'll slowly take a piece of flesh into his mouth and almost 'gums' it gently. Not sure what this means?

I think Batman is grooming your husband. I had a rescue, a loner who was terrified of other rats but in time he got along with all of them. It was like he didn't know what to do with them. I think if you give him more time and try and reassure him when he runs back to you, you're his safe haven right now.

Remi is like that too. He's neutered and all the other rats sniff him and he just walks on by like nothing is happening.
I'd say it's good news! Oh and ya, your hubby is getting groomed. :heart:

[schild=25,1,000000,C0C0C0:1xt78k8u]OFF TOPIC[/schild:1xt78k8u]

I was at the university today with my boys and hubby, we were looking for Julien's classes. We pass by a bulletin board and my youngest points out a big picture of two rats as a cake topper. I stopped cause I definitely recognized it... then two more pics of you and hubby on your wedding day. It says Congratulations to Vivien and Paul!!
How sweet is that? :D

I don't think it's groom. THey're not the typical rat groom nibble. It's like he's testing my hubby to see how hard he can bite and get away with. Not very hard though, we're really trying to discourage him.

We just put the Clark PEW girls and Zippy's two girls in the FN along with Batman. So far so good. He's very timid and all he wants to do is hoard the lab blocks but no scuffles and he's interacting a little more with them (even if it's to just push them out of his hammock). But it's better than nothing!

Yup - my alma mater! We invited our profs and friends form uni and that bulletin board belongs to one of my professors so he printed out the pictures and signs.

Oh, Ok, I know what you mean about the teeth thing, it's almost like a digging getting harder and harder? That definitely needs to be stopped each and every time.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
After a few massive fights this morning (no one was hurt, just lots of puffy fur and tail waggling), it seems as though Batman has found at least two friends. He was sleeping in *his* thatched hammock and very slowly two of the PEW girls came over to sleep with him. He hasn't pushed them out, which was what he was doing all day yesterday and now all I see are white and grey butts dozing peacefully. :heart: :heart:

PROGRESS!!!!!! :happydance:

Back