Bagel Sept 1/06 to May 9/08 Waay too soon :(

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Bagelboy you only came into my home a week ago tonight, before leaving me again. We did try so hard to make you better but after only a few really good days your poor weak heart just couldn’t do it any longer. I am sorry little man, I feel like I failed you somehow even though I am sure you don’t blame me. :sad-p:

I had a feeling our little Bagel would be leaving tonight, even though he had an appointment with Dr. Munn tomorrow to be pts. I can almost tell now…he was having some issues breathing and gasping and clicking. But I lay on the couch and he lay on me and calmed right down. He didn’t want my hands touching him too much as he was probably scared about anything interfering with his breathing. So I held my hands over him like a warm tent…and he lay there and stared at me. We stayed like that for quite awhile then he pushed up more under my chin. I gently stroked him and whispered to him. At 9:48 pm he stopped breathing. I burst into tears…I knew it was coming but I wanted it to be at 2 am so we had a long bittersweet evening together!!! He started breathing again, I held him up and gave him a kiss and then he quietly left me again.
The shine and soul went out of his eyes and then he was quiet.

Bagel was a gentle, beautiful soul in a weak, defective body…I hope to meet him again one day. :heart: He dug deep in my heart just like my sweet Gwinny (who was also only with me for a week) and I feel his loss just as hard. :sad3:

Breathe deep, run hard, and climb little man, climb everything in sight!!!!

Here is baby Bagel on the left with his brother Widget (passed recently from we believe CHF as well), and brother Elwood on the bowl and Russia on the right.
2oftheseareMumsysboys.jpg

Bagel started off with hanging onto the bars with his teeth as he breathed
Bageljusthome.jpg

But he soon graduated to utterly sweet and adorable after the meds kicked in. :thumbup:
Bagelincage2may3.jpg

Bagelincagemay3.jpg

And gentle with his cagemates…when Adia needed a blanket he was right there :D
Sleeping.jpg

Gentle? Well except with Goli, who needed a good pinning every now and then! :D
BagelpinningGoli.jpg

I am going to miss this little face :heart:
bagel3may4.jpg

This is truly sad... you tried your best, you gave him your all. He left knowing such love..
I'm so sorry to you Shelagh and to unglued. :cry3:

It's just not right in this world that some are the chosen few who intrinsically have all the best of everything and only attract more of the same.... And some good souls have rough lives til some early tragedy snatches them away.

Bagel didn't have a long story in the book of life but his was one that held hope in the last chapters when his strength and a mommy's love joined forces. That's not a silent coming & going, that's a display of qualities all souls in whatever body can all aspire to.
And when you strip it to it's most important pages, Bagel himself experienced love & care here with you, and his soul carries that forever, for his own forever peace and for the good it bestows on the heaven you (and hopefully the rest of us) will join him in.

I'm so sorry Shelagh. But the more you put yourself on the downside of the see-saw scale with your your love, efforts & heartache for him while he was here, the more it raised him to the upside in comfort, pleasure in life & knowing his value..

You can't fight fate when it truly wants a kid, but you sure can affect what condition his spirit is in when he goes.

I'm so sorry Shelagh and Unglued, this makes me really think about how precious our time with our rats is. I'm so sorry for your loss, run free on the bridge Bagel, your free of any pain and illness. :( I'll be spending extra time with his sisters now, as their brothers left the world too early. :sad3:

:cries: ...Your tribute to Bagle was so touching, Shelagh... I really, truely was hoping that he would be alright... His loss makes me very, very sad and I have tears running down my face for your sweet boy... you only had him for a week but with souls like his, they get into your heart so easily and so quickly. He was very special and will be deeply missed :cry3:

What a face! PEW dumbos are so pretty.

And oh, dear Gwinny. :( Tears still spring to my eyes when I think of her and her sister.

True, you only had a week with those two, but what a week, no? What is that phrase...it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved before? These two learned what it meant to find love. :) I completely missed Bagel's story so I'm not sure where he came from but at least in that week you know he was happy. :heart:

There was no better place to be than on your heart Shelagh, feeling the love and warmth permiating his little soul in preparation for his journey. :tearful:

He loved and trusted you. You were safe, warm and loving. He died in the comfort of a beloved ratmom.

Do not grieve dearest Shalagh. Until our time comes, we will never really know just how much good we have reaped in our quest for loving our babies.

He can't tell you, from where he now plays, how grateful he is and how much he loves you. We do not possess the senses to be able to hear our loved ones so we just have to wait.

We will eventually be graced with the knowledge which now remains unavailable to us. Have faith Sweetie. We too will have our chance.... and when we do... our babies will be there for us. Play hard little man... you have earned your right :love6:

Back