"bad" things come in three's?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorraia

First my puppy had parvo. Hospitalized for 5 days, then came home well on her way to recovery.
Then she was diagnosed with coccidia. Two weeks of medication, and she's good.

NOW she has giardia. Diarrhea started a couple days before her Thursday vet visit (to get the last of her vaccines), took in a fecal exam yesterday, got the results back today. So another week of medication and she should be fine.

I hope this is the LAST of her issues. She's too young to have to go through this! (Barely 4 months old!)

Otherwise she's doing great. She is eating, drinking, playing, running, pooping, peeing, chewing on everything, doing what puppies are supposed to do. Both of her ears stand up now, she looks more and more like a German Shepherd, except for her coloring (not right even for a white GSD) and curled tail. Her fur feels softer too. I'm still thinking Husky/GSD. She's putting on weight now too. She weighed 13.4 pounds on Thursday, compared to 10.6 pounds at her visit a week and a half before that. She looks better, not nearly so bony. She starts puppy classes on the 10th (vet assured me she'll be fine to go to classes, giardia should have its butt kicked before then).

*SIGH*

At least the vet assistants thanked me today for going the extra mile to take care of her...

001-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

Oh....My......Gosh......................................................................

ears

Poor baby, and poor you - that you both have this to deal with, suffering for her, financial for you.
Lucky her and you -that she has you commited to taking care of her needs now, and that her nature is to commit to your needs for the rest of her life. That's perfect karma.

Not polite to immediately show a butt shot when someone's made a nice comment! :scratch:
She seems really uncertain, understandable if you've both had to go thru this stuff rather than just bond. You'll do it.Thankfully she'll have that chance to dedicate herself in this life to a human that is the yin to her yang.
I hope you 2 are soulmates.

What a beautiful girl! I hope she starts to come around soon and everything turns out well.
She really is gorgeous and those pictures just made me melt.

(whisper) Don't let my boyfriend see these.. He'd DIE.(/whisper)
:giggle:

Man, she isn't catching any breaks! At least it doesn't look like she's let it dampen her spirits lol. I agree that she almost certainly has some GSD is her...a lot of her facial expressions look very similar to my dog, Jade's (she's a purebred GSD) Especially that one where she's running toward you with her ears squished down lol

I love the pic where she's lying on her side with the green toy!

Ohhhhhhhh my goodnesss :thud: She is just too cute! I love her ears :D You are lucky You live far away from me, or I just might have had to steal her :D :giggle:

I hope she gets better soon : )

Oh god, the massacre (all the stuffing lol)....hope that's from toys and not your couch. Such a pretty girl....did you ever find out about her sister?

Tundra is doing GREAT! She actually started to recover from the giarrdia on her own before the medicine had time to take affect. (What this means: Her last BM on Saturday was less liquidy, still soft, but not liquid either. Saturday was her first dose of medicine. Sunday she had no squirts, Monday she had no squirts, and by Tuesday her stools were solid and normal again.) She never once showed any signs of discomfort. Her medicine will continue through Saturday, but she's pretty much over it now. She starts puppy classes this evening too!

Back