Bad Haircuts.

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CardboardCastles

Poor Pia is Poe's twin sister, but it seems Poe (who is considerably larger than shy Pia) wants Pia to look like a lion....in reverse. Pia's got a nice little bald ring around the neck....

Any suggestions to changing this behavior? They destroyed the base to the SP cage, so I can't exactly separate them until I can find a replacement base or a new cage...and even then, I don't want her alone, and the other 4 girls are a tight knit group..

Though I guess if I did seperate even in the levels of the FN, it could be my excuse to get a couple baby girls to keep Pia company...(aren't I a stinker, thinking up ways to sate this GGMR curse!)

Oh dear, you have a barber! The thing with the barbering, it's not hurting your little sweetie, just making her look funny. Definitely don't separate the girls... I'm afraid you'll have to allow Poe her creative nature to snip her sister. I bet Pia doesn't mind and might even like it. :wink:

Darn, there goes my GGMR excuse. :(

lol

As long as its not hurting her, it just makes me nervous because she's definately my shy girl and she does let all 4 of the other girls beat on her...she's skittish to the point of hiding in the hammock until everyone's napping and only then coming out to eat or drink and if anyone moves while she's out she dives right back in the hammock......but she'll very happily join the ratty piles to sleep...

Poor ratty! I don't think there's any way to stop it. Just start calling Poe 'Edward'. (From Edward Scissorhands, great movie!)

Aww no. I have a barber and I was wondering if he would give my baby ratty a haircut if I put them in together. I'm guessing the answer is yes. He's not the best hairdresser in the world. His chest is completely bald and his front feet are really patchy. He's just started on his back feet aswell now. I read somewhere that it's a genetic habit (?) no idea if it's true or not.

I'll post a pic later of his little baldiness, if that's ok. Dont want to be stealing your post haha. I only just recently found out its not mite related after having the poor thing back and forth to the vet's getting tests done ><

I had a barber a while back and I put "Sally Hansen nail biter on his brother and on his legs. It worked for me. And he stopped barbering himself and others in a colony of 9. Good luck with your sweetie.

I have a SELF-Barberer. My Sunflower has her front legs completely bald. I discovered that if I make sure she has plenty of tissue paper and lots of things to chew on she will stop the barbering for awhile at least long enough to let the fur grow back a little and then I have to find new stuff for her to do. She gets bored easily. :thumbup:

Janie barbers her butt if I forget to but their wheel back in the cage in the morning... She gets bored VERY easily. And also Harlow let's her do it to her neck, so she looks weird half the time. Girls!

Back