Back Sleeping!!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonz

Just had the fright of my life! My little girls who usually sleep squished together in a little wooden house that they've had since they were babies, have been snoozing in a new pod that I bought them, along with shed loads of other stuff! It's huge. It could easily sleep 5 big rats. I was quite surprised when I saw them in there and went for a closer look and saw my littel Flop flat on her back, legs stuck up in the air, head flopped to the side and not making any noise (she has a URI and I usually hear her). Flip jumped up as soon as she heard me and stood on Flop who DIDN'T move, not a muscle, just stayed on her back. I thought I'd lost her! I put my hand in and :stickpoke: stroked her, still no movement...then she jumped up when I touched her tummy (they hate that) as if o say 'Oi what you doing, you just interrupted my dream'. I've never felt so relieved. I've never seen either of them sleep on their back (I can't always see them in the house because they pull bedding over the door, and when I do see them they are curled together.

I will try to get a picture next time, it was very cute now know she's still alive! LOL :joy:

LOL it is scary at first but so adorable especially when you realize that your rat is so comfortable in their home to offer up their belly.

Yep, they don't like belly tickling though! Had to remove that particular pod after they started to pull all the foam out and as its not fleece, thought they.might try and eat.it so they have a new, more sturdy hammock now.

Back