Babies in Critter Nation

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BreRATanna

Hello everyone.
I have a momma and babies that are 17 days old and want to move them to the bigger cage. I took the shelf out and everything. But was just wondering if it's to early to take them out of the maternity cage?

most people wait until they are at least 3 weeks old

If you can safely line the sides of the critter nation cage with 3 inch high coroplast etc (edges covered with duct tape because it is corrugated) fastened to the sides of the cage, to keep babies from any danger from the bars, and you use the full pan so babies have no opening to get under it, I would think it should be safe

most people wait until they are at least 3 weeks old

If you can safely line the sides of the critter nation cage with 3 inch high coroplast etc (edges covered with duct tape because it is corrugated) fastened to the sides of the cage, to keep babies from any danger from the bars, and you use the full pan so babies have no opening to get under it, I would think it should be safe
The cage is lined and that's how it is just a single not a double so it only have the full floor pan

Back