Avix Booster

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jorats

Loving rats since 2002.
Our vet is making us try this bird supplement. There's another vet that is having success clearing up his rats with it. It's a fatty acid supplement. It's called Booster made by Avix, a natural elixir. It says on the bottle: May enhance the immune system; has high antimicrobial and antioxidant properties; provides carotenoids and essential fatty acids.

More on it:

HEALx/AVIx Booster - 1 oz

Certified organic red palm fruit oil with the addition of patented monolaurin (monoglyceride of a fatty acid) for nontoxic antimicrobial activity

1 oz vial (30 ml)

BENEFITS

• May help eliminate recurrent infections without the use of antibiotics or steroids; also works well in conjunction with antibiotic protocols

• May benefit the animal’s skin, eyes, heart and immune system by strengthening the overall nutritional status

• May support healing of various conditions affecting the plumage and skin, such as dermatitis or feather-picking

• Has a high antioxidant content (tocopherol and tocotrienol activity of vitamin E) and high carotenoid content (precursor to vitamin A)

• Contains balanced essential fatty acids, especially omega-3, omega-6

• May improve the effectiveness of non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs

• May contribute to decreased risk of chronic diseases

• Provides a vegetarian alternative to fish oil; more stable than flax oil

Do you need a script to get this or can you get it an a health food store? This sounds interesting.

LA said:
Do you need a script to get this or can you get it an a health food store? This sounds interesting.
You don't need a vet to prescribe it and you might find in in a health food store in the pets section.

Thanks, Jo. Sounds interesting. How is it administered? In their water . . . or so many drops a day given by mouth? But wait, didn't mamarat post that her crew hated it? What kind of luck are you having with yours?

I haven't started mine yet. It can be given to healthy rats but more so to sick rats and right now I don't really have any sick ones except for Jasper but I don't want to stress him out.
It comes solid in the bottle, you need to put the bottle in hot water to liquify and give them 0.1cc by mouth. You can try to hide it in something yummy or squirt it in. It's suppose to be palatable. I've noticed that a few of mamarat's rats are very much picky when it comes to trying something new.

Thanks for the reminder.
I bought an over the counter bottle of it from the vet months ago, put it in the cupboard and ... :doh:
So I dug it out today and will try it :)

Back