Aspen, not so good either

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It ranges here... I buy the largest bag of YN cat litter for $12.99 at Pet Valu here when they have it in stock, Wal-Mart here carrys only the medium bags of unscented and they are $7 (works out to be more than Pet Valu), and then the rip off of all stores where I bought it before I knew better charges $24 for a large bag of YN cat litter!

I use Yesterdays News in the bottom pan of my R695, and just change it out weekly. It is waaaay more money than aspen, which I don't mind either, but my BF had a fit because the aspen was getting kicked out and sticking to the carpet all over.

I have a very high litter pan but my problem is that although they have blankets they take the shavings up to their bed all the time THAT'S when it get everywhere. I know they would want to sleep on the YN. And for better health, I would gladly pay the extra money.

So I went to Pet Valu and got YN it was $12.99 for a 30lb bag. So it sounds the same as everyone else. I can't wait to try it.

Quick question though.... How much should I put on the bottom?? How thick of a layer.

I use YN in the litter boxes and I will never go back to using anything else. At Petsmart it is $13.99 for a 30 lb. bag. But before I found it there I was paying $24.99 for a 26 lb bag at this little store by my house, what a rip off.

I change my litter boxes every other day as well as their fleece. I wipe everything down on the forth day with vinegar.

Also I noticed that when Lilly had her bloat problem it was the day after I used Aspen Supreme instead of YN. I was broke and it was a cheap bag. I am pretty sure that she ingested way to much of it and that is what caused her to bloat. She has been just fine since I got more YN.

Back