• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Asking for help finding hammock clips..

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaTrexica

I've seen them in a ton of pictures...I was just wondering where you get them? They're the pear shaped metal ones I see hammocks hanging from...I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out what to use and haven't found anything yet at any hobby stores.

Also...has anyone bought a grommet tool from a store or online? I've used one before, and it seems like it's universal way of hanging them, so I thought I'd invest in one instead of just cutting holes in them and threading fleece through.

Thanks in advance! :) If this is in the wrong section, let me know or you can definitely move it...I'm not looking to get anything from anyone other than links to sites or stores, so I wasn't sure if this was right. =/

The hooks are metal shower curtain hooks. I buy mine at the dollar store but I imagine they are available at hardware stores also.

Home Depot - pk of 12 for 1.97 I usually pre order on line and go pick them up. I have a grommet tool, but do not find it easy to use so I sew loops on my hammocks

Well huh...that explains why google wouldn't show me any of them when I tried typing metal pear shaped hooks. But I just tried shower curtain hooks and there they are. Haha. Well I'm glad they don't seem too expensive, and they seem really safe. Thanks so much! =]

Thanks again :) I've read on here about shower curtain rings but I always pictured the big plastic rings so even if they were talking about the metal ones I wouldn't have connected the dots. Lol. I appreciate your help. Getting everything ready for these babies is nerve wracking.

Back