Arthur has a tumour

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lj

Just when I thought things couldn't get worse. I've noticed a small pea sized lump grow over the last three days.

UGH. Arthur is my :heart: but he is 2 and a half so I now that something was bound to happen. Let's all just pray that it doesn't grow bigger than it is now. Poor guy.

Nope, definately a mammory tumour. I brought him with me to Shelagh's yesterday to get a second opinion. Let's hope it doesn't row much more.

Aw jeez hon, I'm so sorry. F*ing tumors! They can do just fine with one for quite a while... If Arthur is 2 1/2 there's no reason not to spoil him now I guess. If he's already 2 1/2 I wouldn't worry about his teeth lasting a lifetime, I'd be giving him a chocolate chip every day at bedtime. Not suggesting you do.. just saying I would...

Poor Arthur *hugs*

Is there any chance that he is healthy enough for a removal?
Tumors are my second hate to Myco with our fur babies. Lets hope it is a slow grower and that he has many months to be with you yet ;)

Update on Artie's tumour. It has seemed to stop growing at this size.

DSCF2131.jpg

oh no! I just noticed this thread and I know how much Arthur means to you. Poor boy! I really hope he does well!

Just wondering, I thought male rats couldn't get mammary tumors, since they don't have nipples? Could it just be a deep abcess? I remember Streaks sister Smudge had some pretty big tumors, and I was SURE that the one on her side was a tumor until one morning her owner called me all upset saying her tumor "exploded" and when I went to see her it was indeed just a VERY deep abscess. That poor girl! At least she lived to be over 4 years old, and her sister 5.

Back