• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Rat Shack and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Anyone up for some knitting?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilez_n_hugs

I'm just wondering if anyone on here is an avid knitter. I'm looking for someone to make me a small blanket, nothing special but would like it to be a sturdy pattern that will take some wear and tear and has as few imperfections as possible. Of course I'm more than willing to pay, so if anyone's interested please PM me!

I'm a knitter, but I kind of avoid knitting for rats/mice/hamsters because I feel like they would easily rip it apart. I could give it a go if you are still interested though. I thought about knitting blankets, hammocks, and other stuff for smaller animals but I didn't think there would be any takers.

I have however maked bandannas (for all sized animals/dogs. I even have made one for Rosco in the past), catnip pillows (and other kinds of toys), Blankets, and treat bags.

I'm just a knitting machine. Haha.

Oh, okay. The needles I have at the moment are a bit small. Their just the size for small animal blankets so Idk if I can make a childrens one with the ones I have.

I can knit pretty well... depending on the pattern and the yarn... But I've got lots of baby yarns (I was knitting hats for new borns for a while) and I could easily make a blanket... Do you have a pattern in mind?

handmeafish said:
I can knit pretty well... depending on the pattern and the yarn... But I've got lots of baby yarns (I was knitting hats for new borns for a while) and I could easily make a blanket... Do you have a pattern in mind?

I'm not picky about pattern (especially since I don't know much about them lol) so I'm up for whatever you are up for.

how about this one

3474765706_636931b35e_z.jpg

60241a_medium.jpg

in a buttery yellow?

That pattern looks good to me. It's for a friend's baby girl so if you could do pink yarn that would be awesome. As for size, she's obviously tiny now but I don't want her to grow out of it too fast either. Wow I'm like no help lol so I guess I could give you dimensions if you want or you can decide...which ever is easier for you.

Here it is so far...
61f86876040d11e1a87612313804ec91_7.jpg

I've barely started it, but it looks good so far. its a real nice pink. Its gonna be a good baby blanket.

PS I took that pick with instagram, so the color isn't quite right, but it looks cool lol.

Back