Anyone follow Jon and Kate Plus 8?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilratsy43

I really don't want to start any sort of flaming because I know this topic is everywhere. But I love them!!! I think anyone in their position would have done many of the same things, perhaps Kate did take it too far (with the whole money thing, or at least thats the word on the street).

I just feel bad for those poor children now. The whole family must be a mess with the way the media is attacking them. I guess thats the down fall of being famous, your always one pins and needles...

I'm not really a fan of the show, but I've heard about the alleged affairs. It must be hard enough raising that many children and keeping a marriage together when you're NOT on television. Of the bits and pieces of episodes I have seen, Jon and Kate didn't look too happy most of the time.

There's even a small scandal brewing on the Internet about the members of the Roloff family on "Little People Big World" - another TLC show. Supposedly, the eldest son has been exposed as a racist homophobe and the parents are taking a beating for having a really dirty house and being too permissive with their kids. I guess when you expose your life on television like this, you have to be prepared for some people to take away a less than flattering opinion of you.

If I had a choice to be rich and famous or just rich, I'd definitely go with the money and leave the fame behind. :nod:

I love the show and its hard not to believe the rumours especially with all the evidence floating around.
Want to see people who have no lives and make it their mission to do everything to bug the Gosselins, just check out Gosselins without Pity.

I used to watched then all the time, from day one. But this season I decided not to follow and of course it has to be the one with all the gossip and rumours. Fill me in on the money rumours! I just heard about the alleged affairs.
What do I think about that... we are all human, we all make mistakes, it's not our concern what they decide to do... but in my heart of hearts, I hope they work it out.
I must say though...how Kate treats Jon sometimes... it's hilarious.

I love that show, they kid are such cuties, LOL but we moved not to long ago, and we have Tivo set to record things and the time that show is on I am recording 2 other shows, so I haven't watched this season, I just heard of the affairs, I'm not sure if they are true or not, but Being Famous has that affect on people, I think it happens to most famous people at some point in life, I wouldn't want to be Famous, Maybe have ENought money but not to rich either, but if I was rick i would donate to Animal Rescues, Etc....

jorats said:
I used to watched then all the time, from day one. But this season I decided not to follow and of course it has to be the one with all the gossip and rumours. Fill me in on the money rumours! I just heard about the alleged affairs.
What do I think about that... we are all human, we all make mistakes, it's not our concern what they decide to do... but in my heart of hearts, I hope they work it out.
I must say though...how Kate treats Jon sometimes... it's hilarious.

This season went off without a hitch, completely normal...until the last 3 episodes, Jon was at his moms for one, then he was alone with Cara for another, and in the last one, he didn't want to do it anymore because now he has to watch every single move he makes....

I have to say in the first couple of episodes I could not believe how Kate yelled at Jon, but then it continued thorughout the seasons and I realized that was just how their relationship was...So many forums flame Kate for this...I kinda feel like, who are we to judge? If your home was on TV, there would always be criticism because everyone is sooo different and so normal to them is different....

Rumors:
Of course there is the one were Jon has been seen out with two college girls and then soon after was spoted getting a car with a 23 year old teacher at 2am.

Kate of course is sleeping with her bodyguard.

Aunt Jodi was kicked off the show by Kate because TLC offered her money, and Kate felt NO ONE other then her should be cashing in on her children.

Now Kate is on the road all the time promoting her book, she does not spend as much time with the kids because she is trying to continue their fortune (this episode they moved into basically a mansion)

Oh that aunt Jodi thing happened a while back. I thought it was a joke. Yikes. My mom watches the show religiously... I''ll have to get her take on it.
Now I must go find this season on the internet. lol
Oh and how Kate treats her hubby... you are dead on there.
In fact, you could easily switch Kate for me and Jon for Scott... poor Scott. :giggle:

I boss my hubby around to. Isn't that normal??? I thought they all loved it???
I used to watch the show because I was fascinated by the fact someone could have 8 children and not want to kill them (just kidding).......or leave home on a daily basis. Can you imagine? I just can't. I found it hard to raise two.........

jorats said:
Dahlas said:
I was fascinated by the fact someone could have 8 children and not want to kill them (just kidding).......or leave home on a daily basis.

Same here!! LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I always wondered that too!

Peter and I were asked to do a show for TLC a while back, called, "outlawed Inlaws".... Involving Peter AGAINST my family :doh: SERIOUSLY that's what their EXACT line was! So it REALLY doesn't suprise me that there's all the drama on those TLC shows. Infact TLC instigates most of it, and the 'families' KNOW....

I just discovered Jodi's sisters blog the other day, I do LOVE the show, but I feel bad for the kids, they didn't get to make the decision to be famous and they will always have people wanting to know the details of their lives. So much for privacy. You've also got to wonder what their finances are like, Jodi's sister's blog indicates that they still imply they have little money at different churches they go to to speak (and then receive a love offering), but they just moved into a 1.2 million dollar house (that's the figure I heard anyway) and supposedly they have an organic chef. Good luck trying to play the poor card.
I think the show will lose interest soon, they're no longer the normal family with an abnormal amount of kids, now they're rich and famous and while there will always be some interest I think the show has really lost something.

henry's_mum said:
jorats said:
Dahlas said:
I was fascinated by the fact someone could have 8 children and not want to kill them (just kidding).......or leave home on a daily basis.

Same here!! LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I always wondered that too!

Peter and I were asked to do a show for TLC a while back, called, "outlawed Inlaws".... Involving Peter AGAINST my family :doh: SERIOUSLY that's what their EXACT line was! So it REALLY doesn't suprise me that there's all the drama on those TLC shows. Infact TLC instigates most of it, and the 'families' KNOW....

I would love to do that.......me against my in laws......they wouldn't even have to pay me.... :giggle:

Back