anybody tried oxbow dietary supplements before?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

temblabamomo

My vet recently stocked a small amount of these:
http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/produc ... bject=8432

They have several varieties, digestive support, urinary support, joint support, etc. I bought the urinary support while I was buying regular oxbow food because I just started Morrissey on some meds for a UTI, and figured something like this couldn't hurt. It has feeding directions on the back for different animals. For the kind I bought, rats get 1/4 of a treat daily.

Anybody else ever tried these? What did you think?

A friend is giving her guinea pig with arthritis the glucosamine one and she says it's helping and the guinea pig loves it.

I wonder if the joint health would be beneficial for rats developing mobility issues. I don't know enough about HED or the product to know if it would be beneficial.

I'm glad to report that my boys like the ones I bought. In the past they have rejected healthy treats. Morrissey went to town on his little piece of treat.

I thought I replied earlier...

I don't see why it would hurt. I would personally go with a human glucasime-chondroitin supplement for rats because it's cheaper and the ones I've tried with my rats they loved and are easy to give. My impression is the Oxbow supplements are primarily geared to herbivores that can't often be given human supplements safely but they're safe to give to rats and other omnivore species.

Back