And you guys think I have a problem????

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: wow some people have a lot of hammocks but they didn't say how many cages they had to fill though. I make my guys use their hammocks till they are falling to bits and I fix them up or join two together to make another one. I like getting my moneys worth :wink2:

Well I'm ashamed to say I'm not contributing to the rescues by buying hammocks. I sure use them but with Sumone's passing I have no kids that chew them now :cry3: I do encourage people to continue to get ratties, especially 'chewers' so that they can replace their hammocks periodically.

Yes, my kids are terrible chewers and I use them until they are shreds. BTW mamarats gift is coming from Weaver off of that post. :happydance:

you know the worst of that thread? there's a bunch of hammock sellers on that thread with clickable ads to their sites in their signatures.... *chants: i have no money. i have no money.*

but actually my hammocks are doing well for themselves. i have avid chewers but they aren't interested in the hammocks, its the more expensive liners that they want to eat! :redhot: i love my bubs but i really wish scritter baby hadn't taught the trio to burrow in the liners... so many blankets, hammocks and huts that would give them the same sense of burrowing.... but nope.... maybe i should get a javakittie play mat made into a CN liner... maybe that will deter them from making their own holes.... probably not, but i think i will place an order to try next time i have money.

twitch said:
you know the worst of that thread? there's a bunch of hammock sellers on that thread with clickable ads to their sites in their signatures.... *chants: i have no money. i have no money.*

but actually my hammocks are doing well for themselves. i have avid chewers but they aren't interested in the hammocks, its the more expensive liners that they want to eat! :redhot: i love my bubs but i really wish scritter baby hadn't taught the trio to burrow in the liners... so many blankets, hammocks and huts that would give them the same sense of burrowing.... but nope.... maybe i should get a javakittie play mat made into a CN liner... maybe that will deter them from making their own holes.... probably not, but i think i will place an order to try next time i have money.

That is too funny Twitch, my rats are just the opposite...they enjoy eating the hammocks and have been leaving the liners alone...for now...

Annie said:
So tell me, what is a good number to have on hand? I think I've sewed a good dozen or so now plus other items for Nicole's kids.

It depends on the rats, and the cage, and what kind of hammocks they like best! LOL

All my flat hammocks are almost pristine, my pocket hammocks or double deckers are nearly destroyed but hangable! You can tell how much ratties like their hammies by how quickly they eat them, hehe.

If Nicole's kids don't end up being big chewers, a dozen hammocks could last them quite a while. But that's a rare thing, so don't bet on it! LOL

My kids are very good....they hardly ever chew hammocks. Godmother sent them a beautiful one a few months ago.....we use it all the time and it is still in great shape........they sometimes nibble them but never chew them all to rat s****

My hammock collection is the weakest here I bet xD however my girls dont chew at all not the liuttle chew blockcs they get there fleece liner or hammocks. They did chew up a tissue box but no biggie.

My Corrie girls have taken to chewing hammocks to shreds. The boys are fine with hammocks, but they chew liners. Now the Corrie girls have started burrowing between layers of the liners. :gaah: :wallbang: Cubes with >= two holes last a long time, though.

The bad news is that I hate seeing a beautiful liner or hammock get destroyed. The good news is that I have an excuse to BUY MORE! ... except that I need the money for trivia like the vet bills and groceries. :lol:

twitch: Brilliant idea to get Javakittie to put in some burrowing spaces on the liner! I will have to try that.

I have hammock envy now.

It's such a pity postage to Australia from the US and Canada is ridiculous as I'd go hammock crazy too. I'm a bit over the hammock styles and colours the have here.

Back