an alternative way to handle (human) jumpers

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, well at least it takes care of traffic. LOL!
I'm guessing there might not be anymore empty threats with suicide jumpers, just in case someone comes along and makes them follow through. :giggle:

hahha omg.. i have mixed feelings about this. the dude who was suicidal was doing this as a cry for help (so to say).... hey i understand ... i suffer from depression and anxiety, ive had a break down too.. but i didnt try/pretend to kill myself, let alone cause a scene. but if this happens that often in that country (and holding up traffic all the time, i bet the other peoples jobs would be on the line for being late -im assuming and people are less forgiving there possibly)... than im almost glad that guy pushed him.... maybe make people think twice about it next time they are feeling that suicidal.. either do it or dont. go get help ... dont make other people suffer too... gawd
i realize this makes me sound very shallow ... and frankly i dont care. suicide is very selfish. ive had people close to me do it... before taking my medication, ive thought about it.. then i thought about the people who would be affected by it. i got help.
so im glad this guy pushed buddy.. it might make people think twice about it next time.... even if it stops just one person...

This actually made me laugh really bad this morning (i think it was more out of disbelief... im not too sure if this guy did this other guy a favour or not..)

So this dude is having a breakdown and is doing his 'cry for help' and has been standing on a bridge for hours. He holds up traffic and causes a huge fuss when the bridge has to be closed. Some dude breaks through the police barrier, walks over to the guy and shakes his hand. The jumper dude is probably a bit confused, but a bit relieved that maybe, just maybe, somebody finally understands him.. then BHAM... the dude pushes him off the bridge.. which was probably followed by either a sarcastic and/or rude comment.

I bet that guys life flashed before his eyes, and i bet the fall scared the crap out of him. Some people sometimes need a little more than a small slap across the face to come back into reality and realise what they actually have to live for

Well coming from the other side of the boat I do and don't believe suicide is a selfish act. I suffer severe anxiety issues and Bipolar. I was once not medicated when I was 13-16 because my parents didn't believe there was any such thing as a mental health illness and it was is everybodies head. How the systems are set up is they either work for you..or against you. Many people like me the system works against and it leave you backed into a corner where you feel trapped and cannot get out. If someone attempts suicide and suceeds and they have tried every angle, every group, every possibly source of help out there, then they have a right to take their own life. If the person took their own life without even trying to get help..well then I believe that is selfish. There are so many people with mental health issues and no Doctors. My region and lots more in Ontario (not sure about other provinces or coutries) are facing a Doctor shortage. The only places to find GOOD Doctors are in major cities like Toronto or Ottawa that many people do not have access to. Me personally have been with my pysciatrist for more than 3 years only to have him put me on a new medication everytime I go to see him which he only allows his patients in every 60 days for 10 minutes. I gave up and do not take meds, and that is why sometimes I get into mood swings, Small things set me off. I have searchde for another Doctor..none will take me. So the systme is somewhat working for me and thats why I am still here.

As for than man who tried to help him, he should be jailed for attempted murder regardless of what the man he pushed was thinking.

What ticks me off is when someone is admitted to the hospital under a 72 hour hold or after that a mandatory lock hold that these people escape from the hospital. That is not rightm they should have more precautions out there to prevent these things. Eight months ago a 19 year old escaped from our mental health unit and jumped off the bridge into the canal. That would of been prevented if the hospital had better systems to keep these people under evaluation. Then there is the police, they need to take mandatory courses on how to deal with mental health instead of treating them like sh*t. I have seen fair cases of police brutality on people with a mental health illness.

You have cancer..everyone feels sorry for you...you have a mental health disorder..people take 10 steps back. Is that right? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, this is mine. Yes there are alot of people out there who attention seek...and they are what put a bad name on mental health.

Back