Advise please?!?!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hanwellrats

from kijiji Fredericton
================================================================================

I HAVE 26 BABY RAT MY FRIST LITER HAD 14 MY 2 LITER HAD 12 AND ONE DID NOT MAKE IT SO THERE IS JUST 11 THAYARE ALL HEATHYAND SWEET THAY ARE ALL GOODING TO BE READY TO GO ON 15 OF AUG SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE ONE LET ME NO OK THANK YOU PENNY HERE IS MY NUMBER SO YOU CAN CALL ME AT 357-9400 IF YOU HAVE ANY ?.

http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-oth ... Z142844751

I adopted 2 of these babies and originally they would be ready to come home with us on Aug 15. She is now posting on her ad that they are ready on the 8th, so I emailed her to see if this included my 2 and she said that they would be 5 weeks then and would be ready to go. She emailed me today and said to come and get them because they are ready (WTF??)

Doesn't this make them too young to come home with me? I really don't think that she doesn't know what she's doing. If I get them tonight, will it be too soon. I know I have to quaranteen(sp?) them, but I'm just afraid that it will be too soon.

She sounds like she has NO idea what she's doing.
Yes, they would be too young. If they were ready on the 15th originally, that would make them 3 weeks and 3 days old.

Maybe she misjudged the age?

She should keep them together until 5 weeks....but they will be fine from 4 weeks on.
I would just baby them a bit by offering them soft foods along with their blocks and some veggies.......maybe soak a few blocks and mix with baby cereal....along with hard blocks

I would go get your babies now, so they don't end up as feeders. :( Even if they are 3-4 weeks of age, you can baby them and they should be fine. It's wrong, but they are likely not getting the food and care they need where they are :(

lilspaz68 said:
I would go get your babies now, so they don't end up as feeders. :( Even if they are 3-4 weeks of age, you can baby them and they should be fine. It's wrong, but they are likely not getting the food and care they need where they are :(
I agree with Shelagh! Let us know if you get them!
Can't wait to see pics btw!

I've already paid for them, so they better not go as feeders. We thought about waiting until the weekend because my oldest son is at camp and wanted to be with us when we got them, but I'll probably go and get them tonight. Good thing I got another cage early.

I got my reply back from her. We are going tonight to get them.
Here is our conversation:
My answer from her:
thay can go new

From us to her: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 18:45:29 -0200

Are they ready? Should be 6 weeks old before they leave mom.

Thanks Lori and Chris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: us
Subject: RE: Reply to your "BABY RATS" Ad on Kijiji
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 08:44:50 -0400

you can come and get the 2 pups rats to day thank you they are good to go

THEY'RE HERE!!!! They are so tiny! I'll post pictures soon. They both crawled in my shirt on the way home and slept between my boobs :giggle: . They are now in their tempory cage until I can introduce them to the other girls. I forgot to ask when they were born so I've emailed to find out. So happy that they are here.

Back