Advantage Multi?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think so....we weighed S a while ago on a VERY inacurate scale (dog scale at the vets...so...yea lol) anyway it only came up at 1 decimal point and i dont trust it so far as i could throw the whole scale...

I was just guessing and blatently underguessing at the 100 gram mark for S...bearing in mind that S is really small comparied to the others.

:D dont worry Jo - the girlies arnt emaciated :D

Yea, but i think the Revolution Teal is a stronger dosage than the puppy/kitten package so you would use alot less of it than you would of the puppy/kitten - but its all good, because i did find a smaller syringe and i will get a scale to get their accurate weight which means ill be using more than i had initially gussed :)

If you have big crews like Jo and mamarat do, the dog sized version works out much more cost effective.

Dose Check please!! :) I finally got a scale and weighed the little boogers!

Their weights range from 220g (little S) and 312g (maverick the monster).
All the doses I worked out, at a 6mg/kg dose are between 0.011cc and 0.015 cc......which is a really small ammount...even with the small insulin syringe thats still really tiny...

Beacause I mean 1.0 would be one cc right?

You round up to 2 digits. So S would be getting .01cc and Maverick would be getting .02cc. On a 1cc syringe, that's the first and second lines. Tiiiiiny amount. :)

And yes, 1.0 would be 1cc

thanks Java I just wanted to double check...

Thanks for all your help guys!

So if I were suspecting mites its all wooden toys into a sealed bag for how long? I dont have room in the freezer :oops:
They have YN bedding but have been using this bag for a long long long long time so i the signs would have shown before now?
They are also on machine washed fleece - do i need to seal that too?

Dose them, wash their fleece in hot water, toss the wooden toys in a baggie for 3mo.. or 48hrs in the freezer.

Thanks guys! ugh mites....

One last question, Should i seperate them for a bit after dosing each one?

I know if a dog/cat licks advantage multi they froth at the mouth...so i wasnt sure if they should be seperate for an hour or so so they dont groom it off one anohter...

Thats the last question. I promise

We would all rather you be 100% sure and get good results than to wing it and then figure out what went wrong. Questions are encouraged!

Revolution isn't as toxic, and the amount is so small, that by the time you dose one and then the other, it should be mostly dry. I usually just toss everyone back into the cage after they've been dosed.

Back