Accidental biting (?)

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattJJC

One of my girls, Sesame, bites me when I offer her yogurt on my finger rather than licking it off (I'm aware she's just trying to get the yogurt and not being aggressive)

Any way I can get her to stop biting it off and to just lick the yogurt off?

Thanks!
-M

mine always just learn. I keep letting them try till they get it right. Mine dont usually bite to hard. so It doesnt hurt enough for me to worry.

She will learn, she is likely just eager ....
and hasn't yet figured out that she doesn't need to use her teeth like she would for harder food.

btw, she may be using her teeth, but unless you are bleeding quite badly, she isn't biting you.

I'd offer the yogurt on a spoon, she'll put her teeth on the spoon and most likely won't like it. After a few times, try your finger again see if she has stopped it.

Pres tends to be over excited with food too. I can hardly hand him a peanut without him getting so excited that he nips my fingers while taking it. What I try to do is hold it in front of him to sort of "show" him before he takes it, so that he can calm down a little. He even bites my fingers sometimes when I go to pet him because he gets excited at the idea that I might have food. Maybe just try to go a little slower until she realizes what it is you have.

Back