A Rat's Bucket List

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a beautiful idea. I think I'm gonna use it for all my oldies when their time is near. :) Your boy is gorgeous and I'm sure hes enjoying all his fun activities and good food. :)

I know - isn't it the best idea ?!? :cookie1:

btw, how is Arthur doin ?

Really good, thanks! He's really perked up since we put him back on the antibiotics! He's really happy and playful again. Just got my starch packing peanuts delivered today, so can't wait to chuck them in a box and see if the ratties enjoy it!

Sad news... looks like we'll be taking Arthur into the vets today :(

He's taken a bit of turn over the last couple of days, poor little guy <3

Thanks for all your ideas guys! We didn't make it all the way through out list but ticked a lot off. I think he most enjoyed the oatmeal and packing peanuts... and the beach of course

I filmed a few of his little adventures so will post here once I've put them all together :)

Glad you got extra time with him, perhaps another medication can be added. If not, he had a wonderful, happy, enjoyable rattie life with you! &#9829;

Thanks both!

Unfortunately I think it's his time now. Over the last couple of days he's started having a couple of little panic episodes. He's not breathing through his mouth but I can tell he's struggling. Today he's just lying down with little panic episodes in between and he won't really eat except for a couple of licks of chocolate custard and some baby food. His poor little feet and mouth have gone blue and he's gotten a bit wobbly because of the bad circulation.
A few days ago I also found him choking, still breathing but I think he probably had mucous stuck in his throat which he managed to work out

...Annoyingly my fiancee is away so I have to wait a few more hours before he gets back so we can take him in together. I don't want to go without him and he obviously really wants to be there.

Sad times. If it wasn't for his poor little lungs he would have had a few more years left in him. :(

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn2_cL4x5sY&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

He perked up a bit last night so we kept him in our bed for most of the night then we had to take him to the vet in the morning because he got worse again. Poor little guy

kernol89:

I just bawled my eyes out watching the video:cry5: Such love you & your partner have for him. Arthur was such a fortunate rat to have had the both of you! Thank you for sharing him with us. I feel like I knew him! So sorry for your loss, I know he will be greatly missed.

I'm sure there is a huge box of peanuts just waiting for him by the bridge.

RIP:roseopen:

It looks like he had a wonderful time with his bucket list! I'm sure he found his way to the Bridge just fine, and is hanging with all our babies who have gone before him. RIP Arthur...

Oh my goodness, thank you for sharing that beautiful video I'm literally crying my eyes out. What a precious little face he had. Such a kind face. What a blast he had in those peanuts lol. Rest well Arthur, thinking of you guys xx

:rose3: RIP Arthur! He had a fantastic rattie life and that is all they need to feel special. I'm sure he's bragging at the bridge! I'll watch the video when I get home from work.

Back