A one time thing?

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melon_mayhem

Emma and Izzy have been living together for 4 months or so. They have hardly every fought nothing other than sqeaks and pinning. Until today when they were in their temp cage while i was cleaning their big cage, and i left the room for a few minutes. i heard my dog barking at the rats so i go back into my room and shoo him out. I then finished cleaning the cage and went to take Izzy out and she had blood all over her nose and the side of her cheek.

As Izzy has been sickly since i get her i checked for and scratches to rule out the blood to be porphyrn (sp?) instead. Well turns out she had a cut all down the side of her nose!!!

I was conserned because Emma has NEVER hurt Izzy. If anything Izzy being the bigger rat even though she's a bit younger, would win most of the wrestling matches between the two...

Is aggression towards Izzy something i need to be worried about with Emma or do you think that it was something else that set her off the i could hopefully prevent in the future?

Back