A failure we can all love

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallvic

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
[youtube:2t90zi51]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIkuyz4K_Ho&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pIkuyz4K_Ho&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube:2t90zi51]

That was so close. I hate those traps, too! However, I have had to put out poison for mice.

Nezumi said:
That was so close. I hate those traps, too! However, I have had to put out poison for mice.

No ... you ... do ..... not.

You can get stuff from an exterminator that smells like a predator to mice (people can not smell it) and the mice will move out.

Whoever videotaped that is sick. But I am glad the mouse got away.

I agree with SQ, you do not HAVE to poison anything. You hate the traps but yet you will let the mice suffer an agonizing death by being poisoned. :gaah:

SQ said:
Nezumi said:

No ... you ... do ..... not.

You can get stuff from an exterminator that smells like a predator to mice (people can not smell it) and the mice will move out.

Would the rats smell it?

Nezumi said:
Would the rats smell it?

Don't know. I have never used it ... good question.
Two rat owners I knew lived in an apartment that had mice. Their landlord had an exterminator put some under their bed and all the mice moved out of the building.
They had rats in the living room and did not think it bothered the rats at all ... guessing that they did not notice any changes in the rattie's behaviour.

I wonder why mice will stay in a building that has pet rats ... after all they would see the rats as predators and you'd think they would move out ....

Edit: LOL Melissa's ZOO, we were posting at the same time :)

I had a bad mouse problem in the past... even with eight rats.

I even caught the mice around and in the cage to nab food.

I can't see my girls attacking a mouse... then again , they attacked that chicken the other night .... :shock:

Melissa's ZOO said:
My girls like to attack anything that moves. Bugs, feathers, hands, feet if it moves they will chase it and attack it.

Haha! I would love to see that! My girls are .. dead heads! :stickpoke:

lol ...

we have about .. three mice that sometimes come in from the outside..

dad always sets traps cos he hates them, but about half an hour after he goes to bed, I disable them all.

I don't mind the mice, they haven't ruined anything yet.

They come, and they go.

And plus, Squishee likes to go out and explore anyway!

so pretty much a win-win-lose situation =D?

I'm not saying that these traps are good but they certainly are a lot better than other things that you can buy. These traps *usually* make it quick and almost painless for the mice. Whereas if you had poison or that sticky stuff they get caught too or something similar, they die a slow and painful death. Traps are still bad, but better than other things.

Back