A Barber Rat Problem

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkBlade

Hello!!

My rat Cookie is the alpha of the female cage and is eating off Azury's back fur. At least I think... Azury is a rex for sure. She had thin hair on her back already, we could see her skin when it was wet. But now she's getting bald and it's growing so I imagine it's Cookie's doings. Anybody have any advice cuz I can't put tabasco on Azury's back! XD

It's getting worse. Azury isn't a hooded anymore :doh: . Her blue line has completly disappeared along with a good spot of white. Her sides and belly are fine though, and head. Her skin looks normal, pinkish, no scab, no weird things. It just looks like Cookie's been barbing it up. (Cookie's front paws are always pink skin with no fur).

Jedy was my barber and I had put Sally Hansen Nail Biter on his bro Dewi and on his own legs. It helped a lot. Good luck with your sweeties.

Double rexes do lose their hair in clumps and patches and it then grows back. Or it could be barbering. Barbering doesn't harm the other rat... it just looks funny to us.
You can try doing what mamarat did.

Back