21F Kingston, ON

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarajoy

Hello everyone,

Thank goodness for this forum!! I have been surfing the net for like 10+ years for something like this. LOL. I am 22 year old female from Kingston, ON. I have had a total of 6 female rats in the past. It has been my obsession for years. I would like to get into the fun world of rats again. I am looking for a young male. I would prefer the guy to have some fancy traits (my dream is to have a rex, agouti, etc.), but I doubt I couldn't pass up a young rescue either :) Nice to meet you all!!

-Tara Joy

I know this sounds awful, and I have really given this some thought, but I really think I would really like a young one for a change. I have gotten a few older ones, and I never really felt that bond. I don't mean to be picky, but, I really wanted this one to be a blank slate, minus the inherent personalities :) .

I definitely recommend checking out the Third Party Listing or the Canadian Shelters section. THere are more rats being offered, often times with cage and accessories, than there are homes! Lots of babies too

:welcome4:
Welcome to the Shack and good luck with your search I know you won't have any problem finding a couple young boys looking for homes. There are many rescues in need.

Welcome to the Shack!
There are so many ratties looking for good homes, I'm sure you'll find yourself a couple of boys soon. I say a couple because it is very important for rats to living in same sex pairs or more. They are very social and need another rat to make them completely happy and healthy. :thumbup:

Thanks so much for joining, Tara! I'm sure you'll find your boys soon. :) I don't recall any rat rescue in Kingston when I was at Queen's the past few years but there always seem to be some available from "oops" litters. My housemate got a boy rat (agouti hooded) from a girl who had one of those in Kingston.

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have a vet lined up for your future rats? If not, Beardall Animal Hospital is always highly recommended for exotics. Gay is a wonderful vet (her last name escapes me right now)

Back