2 girls need vet/home desperately in Manitoba

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

**cross-posted with permission*

My lovely girls Toby and Ludo are sick. Both have a respiratory infection that I cannot not afford to pay for. I was sent here from fancy-rats.co.UK. They pretty much told me it would not be fair to keep them. As much as I love my girls I canny afford to keep then in top health as well as feed them, the cat, the dog, and my very sick sister. We are living on social assistance. I cannot afford to go to a proper vet. The vet here knows nothing about rats. They like to believe that they have a virus that will go away on it's own if left alone. Buy they have only gotten worse and as much as I love them the biggest form of love I can give them is to let them go With someone who knows a lot more about rats than I. I had put them on kijiji asking $75 for cage and everything but I'm not sure if I can even ask that from any of you. These girls are my life. If they could survive on love they would live like queens. They are siblings used to both the free range and caged life. Super affectionate and chronic rodentists. They don't bite and love Attention. If you don't know them personally the only way you can tell them apart is that Toby has a notch in her right ear and Ludo does not. I had rescued Toby from the petstore who wished to dispose of her because she was sick. I couldn't let them do that so I asked for her. I got her for nothing but paid an arm and a leg to bring her back from the dead practically. She would have died she could barely breath. And it killed me to see her like that. My mother has bred rats but the girls are my first experience with them. When I first got them I thought it couldn't be much more different than mice as I use to breed them. By was I very wrong. I want them to go to a home that will cherish them as much as I have. I have no form of transportation. I don't even have a drivers license. I'm old enough to get one I just haven't yet. Please I just want them to go to somewhere where thy will grow up proper and live healthy lives. I couldn't bare to put them to sleep so please don't even ask. I live in Flin Flon, Manitoba, Canada. It's a small town on the Saskatchewan border. Please email me [email protected] or call me (204) 687-7500. If I don't answer my answering machine is a very strange one. We like to hear the reactions we get from how stupid it is. We are normally home but let the answering machine pick it up because we don't have caller ID. So just explain that your calling about the rats. And someone will pick up if we are home. We do answer the phone weird (if we decide to pick up before the answering machine does) too because we get countless wrong numbers because our number is so close to walmarts. We like to look at the light in our darkness. BTW both rats are under a year and are albino.

Back