Hawk Chest mass/pneumonia

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Hawk, one of our buckeye boys has been diagnosised with a chest mass, most likely lymphoma and secondary pneumonia.
f6a3cee9eeb369cf7952b7fc6a1e06f0.jpg
f0acdd68c71d6c6354c8589153efb53d.jpg

I'm so bad at reading X-rays. Can someone point out where the mass is? Poor little guy. This just sucks. What were his symptoms?

I have no clue myself... I would *guess* it's that white area on the right side where a lung should be, in the bottom photo/radiograph?

I was thinking that too.
I didn't go to this appointment, but I was told in the front view the shadow on the right side shouldn't be there, but he might might have a collapsed lung on the left side too (nothing we can do about that apparently) On the side view if you can locate the heart in the center there is shadowing all the way around it and that also shouldn't be there.

He is on lasix, theophylline, azithromycin, & maitake pet fraction

He is doing better. Has more energy and is eating more.

Update, Hawk does not have a chest mass. They think he has pleurisy (fluid in lung space) so we changed his med doses and added a neb treatment. He does seem to be getting a little better.

Hawk is not getting any better, possibly slightly worse. We now have him on lasix twice daily, theophylline, baytril, doxy, and a list of herbals. No idea what is going on with this guy. There has to be something in his chest (tumor, abscesses, something).

I've noticed mine too, some days it feels like everyone is sick one way or another and then I wait a day or two and it resolves itself with most but still, I alway seem to have at least 5 on meds.

Back