Meet Mello!

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanya

Rat Enthusiast
So a little of a sad story(to me, at least). Today I received a call from a old coworker, asking me if I wanted another rat. I said no initially, having 11 already, but then I questioned him. Someone had brought him in, saying that her friend gave him to her. I reluctantly agreed to take him. I drove the 30 minutes to get him, and I am SO glad I did. I got there and saw him, a cute little dove hooded boy. The girl said he was under/about a year old. He was in a hamster cage. That isn't the worst part. The worst part is that the bottom was full of feces and some mold, and probably wasn't changed in over a month. She was feeding him hamster food. One of those crappy mixes with a bunch of seeds and such. After taking him I left and went back home. He got a bath(with anti-fungal/anti-bacterial shampoo from my vet) and treated for mites. He has scabs all over, not horrible, but they're still there. He now has oxbow and a clean, bigger cage. He was and is so sweet. I think things are going to turn better for my little boy. I attached pictures of him after the bath and then the nasty, dirty, crappy hamster cage.

20150727_161123.jpg

20150727_160209.jpg

20150727_155539.jpg

20150727_155222.jpg

What a lucky boy that you had a change of heart! I'm sure he must have smelled just awful having lived in his own poo for so long. He must think he has won the rattie lottery! I hope he will like have friends again.

Back