Peanut January 23,2013 - June 11,2015

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dspch911

Our precious Peanut, who had affectionately become known most recently as the Nutman - left us today at the age of 28 months and 19 days, after succumbing to PT.

The "Destructo Seven" are together again!

Like Oliver, Peanut was not suppose to be ours - he was an extra, a very tiny extra. He got his name due to his tiny little size, but we were going to find out in time our little Peanut was not going to be a little boy, but rather, end up a big rat man....who I would lovingly call a variety of names including Coconut, Cantaloupe, and Jabba despite daddy's objections not to call his "little" boy that. Peanut never caused much of a problem and was rewarded by being the only one in that cage to keep his gonads. He loved food, yoogies, banana cookies, but he never got more than his cagemates. He just grew into a big squishy rat man that no rat messed with... About a year ago he fought a nasty eye infection that resulted with him losing that eye. He fought that battle for over a month and finally won. He became a more kissy, licky, and lovable Peanut, perhaps it was his way of saying thanks for taking care of him. Last month he said good bye to his last cage mate Axe .. but he gained a new friend Lovee, who said good bye to his cage mate on that very same day. Peanut meet and lived with our first set of girls. Every rat that meet Peanut loved him. I knew when I left for work this morning it was most likely going to be the last time I saw my boy alive, so I said my good byes and told him how very much his daddy and I loved him and how much we were going to miss him. It was Lovee, I found laying by his side today, it was obvious he had left us a few hours ago, but Lovee stayed by his side until I picked him up and moved him off his new friend. My heart is breaking once again ... Love you forever Nutman ♥

Peanut on the day we brought him home
IMG_2421_zps37be70eb.jpg

Peanut & Axe
IMG_2477_zpsb2165b54.jpg

May 2013
IMG_2896_zps25dbe8a3.jpg

Peanut & Oliver 2013
IMG_2960_zps62011847.jpg

He knew exactly what the wheel was for! 10/2013
IMG_4863_zps6e43669b.jpg

Christmas 2013
IMG_5061_zps37b44665.jpg

IMG_5085_zpsd37a1626.jpg

Throttle, Peanut, & Axe 8/2014
IMG_8131_zps5ad0d06a.jpg
[/URL]
9/2014
IMG_9308_zps2c0d5e83.jpg
[/URL
Second Birthday 2015

He loved to hide his food.

Bristol & Nutman 4/2015

6/2015

Run free my boy ... I know your brothers were waiting for you along with others that couldn't wait to meet you... We will watch over Lovee as he watched over you for us. Our hearts ache, but you're pain free now.. We love you Peanut...and we'll see you again some day ♥♥♥

This is such a beautiful memorial, Dspch, and you really showed, with these amazing pictures of Peanut, what a beautiful and happy life he had with you and Daddy and all of his friends. His baby pictures just melted me. What a handsome boy he has always been, and so very fortunate to have been adopted by you.

I am so sad that Peanut has left us, but I know he was very lucky to pass on in a happy and safe and loving environment, with Lovee at his side, and at home. And of course, we know Peanut is so happy and pain free now at the Bridge with Axe and so many others that have welcomed him.

Marc says that Achilles (his fellow foodie and brother from another mother) probably greeted Peanut with a warm welcome and an invitation to dinner at one of the many local Bridge Ratty Restaurants, yes? (Gourmet banana cookies all around!)

I know you and his Daddy are very sad right now and we have all been through this. It is always nice for the bubs because they are pain free and happy at the Bridge, released of all their aches and pains, but always so sad for us humans they leave behind.

Marc sends his condolences to you and Peanut's Daddy and we will both be thinking of you guys today, as well as Peanut. Run free and enjoy the num nums to your heart's content sweet Nutman. We all love you! :rose3:

Oh sweet Peanut - it feels like the end of an era...
He truly was one of the lucky ones. His guardian angel sent him to you knowing you would treat him right and shower him with love and squishes. :heart:
Rest easy Nutman, and have a great journey.

Rest well handsome nutman. What a beautiful memorial indeed. He was just so loved. I will miss his wonderful pictures and getting a huge glimpse into his sweet personality everytime I looked at them. Have a blast over the Bridge Peanut, somehow, I know you will!

Peanut is and will always be a legend on this forum.

I always had an eye out for rat-napping him one day:heart: but I figured mom & dad would stop me. Love you Nutman :heart:

I am so truly sorry about your loss. I know he had a great life, the pics alone indicate that. He is having an awesome family reunion right about now @ the bridge.

:roseopen:

As a side note, Dspch, there is one photo of Peanut that was just perfection...a perfect picture of such a handsome boy..the photo of Peanut, partly in shadow, in a hammock and holding what looks like a red grape. His missing eye makes it even look like he is winking. Such a beautifully lit and glowing photo, that shows what an angel and a personality our Peanut was.

I know he is at the Bridge winking and smiling down at you right now, with love.

As a side note, Dspch, there is one photo of Peanut that was just perfection...a perfect picture of such a handsome boy..the photo of Peanut, partly in shadow, in a hammock and holding what looks like a red grape. His missing eye makes it even look like he is winking. Such a beautifully lit and glowing photo, that shows what an angel and a personality our Peanut was.

I know he is at the Bridge winking and smiling down at you right now, with love.
He might be winking, but he has two healthy eyes again. Can't believe he's gone. I never even got to finish his "diaper" hammocks, but he didn't need them after his shaving.
♡ Nutman ♡

Oh he absolutely has two eyes again, big and healthy and shiny with which to explore his beautiful new world with his friends. :heart:

Back